TAH Student Travel Photos
About this blog
This blog is for posting your travel and tourism photos for use by the USM Program in Tourism & Hospitality. By posting your pictures here, you agree to the following:
1) That each picture was taken by you and that you are the rightful owner of the photo for copyright purposes.
2) That any identifiable individuals in the photos have given you their expressed permission to be photographed, with the knowledge that their photo may be seen by others.
3) That any places of business or other private or public organizations shown in the photo have given their permission to be photographed, if the photo shows something that would not normally be seen by the public.
4) That you are giving the University of Southern Maine Program in Tourism and Hospitality, and its faculty and staff, formal permission to use these photos for educational, informational or promotional purposes. This may include websites, newsletters, teaching materials, or other items.
5) That you will not revoke this permission in the future as long as the USM Program in Tourism & Hospitality adheres to the conditions below.
The USM Program in Tourism & Hospitality agrees to the following conditions:
1) That your photos will not be sold or given to any other individual, agency, or organization for their use.
2) That you will be given a photographer's credit for any photo used, with the phrase "Used by permission" or "Used by permission of the photographer" added.
3) That you retain copyright of the photos for legal purposes, and can still sell, share or publish the photos.
4) That if we are contacted by a third party that wishes to purchase or use one of your photos, we will contact you with that information as long as we still have your accurate contact information.
To post your photos, upload them and provide descriptive information about the location, event, photographer, and date. Try to give as much information as you can about the photo, as this will help us when deciding whether and how to use the photo.
Also make sure to include contact information including an email address and phone number, in case we need to ever contact you about your photo.
Your photos should fall into one of the following categories:
1) Landscape photos that show an iconic Maine image (lighthouse, Mt. Katahdin, famous business, etc.). This could also include wildlife like moose and loons, a beach, a hiking trail, etc.--especially if these things are clearly in Maine.
2) People who are participating in a "touristy" activity: hiking, paddling, shopping, beachcombing, etc. Individuals should be far enough away or turned away from the camera so that they are not recognizable, unless you can document in written form that they allowed themselves to be photographed.
3) An event that would be of interest to tourists, such as a festival, fair, musical or arts performance, etc. Do not include pictures of performers if you do not have formal permission to do so.
4) Close-ups of things that say "Maine" to a visitor. Examples might include an old sign, lobster trap or fishing gear, autumn leaves, wildlife, etc. Think about what we might include on a tourism website!
Your photos should be of high quality, both in terms of composition and aesthetics and in terms or resolution, focus, exposure, etc. Photos that are out of focus, poorly lighted, grainy, or otherwise inferior in appearance will be unusable.
Use the highest resolution settings that are allowed by this website and your computer. The maximum file size for photos on this website is 2 megapixels. Upload a maximum of 10 photos.
Make sure you provide each photo with a descriptive title (something like "View of Mt Katahdin from Moosehead Lake") and a caption that includes information about the photo location, date, event, people, etc. See my blog entry for an example.
Finally, copy the information below and paste this into your own blog entry. If you have any questions, see my sample blog "Photos of Greenville Area."
Photographer Information Name: Kreg Ettenger Phone: 207-929-2288 Email: email@example.com
Media Release Statement By posting these photos I confirm that I am the rightful owner of all pictures posted herein, that any individuals or businesses shown in the photos have given me their permission to share these photos, and that I hereby grant the USM Program in Tourism & Hospitality the right to use these photos for informational, educational and promotional purposes, so long as they provide me with a photographer's credit.