Cycling the Donauradweg from Black Forest to Black Sea
About this blog
THE BIG IDEA:
- Arrive in Europe a week or two in advance to arrange equipment
- Start cycling at the source of the Donau, the second longest river in Europe, in Donaueschingen Germany in April, before the crowds.
- Ride through seven countries (Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Serbia, Croatia and Romania) 2900 kilometers to the end of the Donau River at the Black Sea.
- 50km average per day riding (48 riding days)
- 2 days riding for 1 day off (87 total days)
- Arrive at Black Sea, Romania in July
WHO? -Four long-time friends, Hiro and Junko from Japan and Dave and Michelle from the USA.
How long have we thought about this? 10 years. During our 400 kilometer cycle tour together; 'Pittsburgh PA to Washington D.C.: 2009., Riding the Great Allegheny Passage and C & O Towpath', the hook was set. Still, it took us four years before the time was right. Now we are doing it and this blog is our story.