Krabi - Isles of Limestone Karst
About this blog
From 4-8 April 2011, we visited the beautiful Andaman islands of Krabi, Thailand.
Travel Tips: 1. Best time to visit: Nov-Apr where it's all sunny.
2. Try plan your stay to include Saturday and Sunday. This is because there is night market setup at Krabi Town every weekends.
3. Water, hat, sunglasses, and plenty of sun protection lotion are essential! Get a water-proof bag to store your items if you are out at the sea most of the time. You can also get these water-proof bags in the stores along Ao Nang beach.
4. Buy a water-proof camera case, if you want to take pictures whilst snorkeling. Can be bought at Ao Nang beach too.
5. Wear slippers or sandals. Do not bring your sports shoe unless you want them to get wet and sandy!
6.Avoid public beach massage. The place is dirty and unhygienic.
7. Don't book activities in advance - - The weather: can be unpredictable, (no money back, only can change to next day) - Price can bargain, only during low season (May-Oct)
8. Setup Ao Nang beach as your base for exploring Krabi. Has good range of cheap accommodation, many good restaurants, easy transport and many travel/tour agencies.
9. When touch down from airport, do not book the activities first. It's much more expensive in airport.
10. Common tactics - if you are taking the cab from the airport, the driver will claimed that he will bring you to the tourist information counter in Krabi town, but actually, he will bring you to a tour agency. If you purchase the activities package he gets commission. Politely reject because it's more expensive plus there are many more agents at Ao Nang beach which you can explore yourself.
11. Compare first the price first between various agents before you eventually decide. There are actually just a few tour operators, but plenty of tour agents.
12. Electrical plugs type: 2-pin flat. Bring converter if necessary or if you can ask your hotel if they have the converter before your trip.