Bali - Island of the Gods
About this blog
Our 5 days 4 nights trip see us travel and explore the mystic island of Bali. Love the magnificent statues, and its ancient temples which are hugely influenced by Buddhist mixed Hindus architecture!
1. Arrange a local driver/guide to drive you around while there. They charge you per day basis. It's much more convenient way to travel. If you go in a group, it will be much cheaper cause the cost is shared. Let me know if you need the contacts.
2. Plan your own itinerary if you do not wish to follow the driver's usual/common recommendations. You can share your itinerary with him and discuss further.
3. Consider changing hotels if you wish to visit other parts of the island as it's much more convenient to travel when you are living nearer to the sites. If you are there for the first time, staying at Kuta is good start as it's convenient to travel to Central (Denpasar,Ubud) and also South of Bali (Jimbaran).
4. If you are Muslim, be prepared to bring lots of your own food supply because it's tough to find halal food. The majority (97%) of the people there are either Hindus or Buddhists.
5. Buying advise:
Tip1: ONLY when you see something you like and really want to buy, then only you bargain to the amount you feel is fair. All the prices are all hiked up.
Tip2: Act that your are not interested in the items, although you really like it. Negotiate a price and if you feel it's still too high (be reasonable though), pretend to walk away, then they will willing to bring down the price further. Make sure after they reduce the price to your request, BUY IT!
Tip3: Try going in the morning because the Balinese believe that if they sell their items to the first customer, it will bring them business and good luck for the day (no matter how cheap the item is!!!)
6. Electrical plugs type: 2-pin rounded. Bring converter if necessary.
*Email me if you need my itinerary so that you can have a baseline for your own itinerary planning!