Hong Kong & Macau - Pearl & Vegas of the East
About this blog
Our 5 days 4 nights trip see us travel and explore Hong Kong and Macau.
Travel Tips: 1. If you travel by AirAsia, it is cheaper to purchase at least 30kg of luggage weight at their website. If not, and your shopping stuff exceeded the default luggage weight 15kg (easily) then you would have to fork out higher amount at the check-in counter.
2. Buy Octopus card (Airport Express Travel Pass) once touchdown at HK airport (HKIA). It gives you 3 consecutive days of unlimited MTR rides and a single/return journey using Airport Express (similar to KLIA express). HKD$220 for single journey or HKD$300 for return journey. *Choose return journey if you are departing from HKIA again. The travel pack is really value for money because it includes a refundable HKD$50 if you return the card and it contain other discount vouchers to its tourist attractions e.g. Disneyland, Ocean Park, Victoria Peak Tram, Ngong Ping 360 cable car.
3. Get the tourist map at the arrival hall. It is a big map with shows the details of all the streets and other use info e.g. MTR routes. It's very handy and extremely useful when you are traveling around the city.
4. Bring a pair of good comfortable shoes. You will be doing lots of walking.
5. Bring more money as the food is quite expensive.
6. Never travel by cab (unless it is necessary). It's too costly.
7. Buy your tickets to arrive/depart from Macau if you are going to both Macau and Hong Kong. I made a mistake by buying our return tickets departing from Hong Kong since our last day is at Macau.
8. Plan in advance your eating place. Go to this HK eating website, voted by the people.
9. Electrical plugs type: 3-pin flat. Bring converter if necessary.
*Email me if you need my itinerary so that you can have a baseline for your own itinerary planning!