Making the most of my last day in Melaka

Trip Start Jan 31, 2011
Trip End Dec 15, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Malaysia  , Melaka State,
Wednesday, October 12, 2011

12:51 Without going into all the sorry detail, I didn't sleep last night till after 5am. I was upset. I still feel sorry for myself after all this time and was having a 'moment' where it all flooded over me.
I finally got to sleep and didn't wake until midday. My head feels a bit less wooly but I have a cough and a blocked/runny nose so probably still need the rest. I feel pretty low today in the aftermath of letting my brain getting carried away and not sleeping, and probably because I'm still ill.

I'm really pleased however to know that people are still reading, and Susanne, I was wondering I you were still reading! you left a lovely message back in Japan, and yesterday, and you're still with me! Well, keep an eye out, this trip may be over in a couple of months, but I plan to see a lot more of the world, well all of it, over the coming years, and I've enjoyed sharing my trip with everyone.

As I'm currently lying in bed watching House trying to muster some energy to go out for lunch I'll tell you a bit about my plans for the coming weeks.

Tomorrow I'm going to a small and pretty insignificant town called Gemas for the night because the morning after I am going on the "Jungle Railway" all the way up to Kota Bharu (a nine hour journey through some apparently stunning scenery in Malysia, and indeed, through some jungle!) before I go to the Perhentian Islands for a few days.
After that I am returning to Kuala Lumpur to meet Scott on the 22nd for a 2 week trip with him...and then.... I'm not sure.
15:18 I got up, went out and had a wander round an old colonial fort with quite a nice view over the town, before retiring to Starbucks for some air con and frozen coffee and semi decent Internet, still way under 512k in fact so pretty poor, bit better than the hostel which is about 1k!!!
I also got my necklace catch repaired as it broke, and the necklace cleaned as it was so black and grimy (something ive only seen happen in the hot weather) and when I got it back it sparkled like it was new. Where would I be without my necklace with 'the world is my oyster' engraved on it, my best friend knows me so well.
18:04 Come 6pm I walked back to the hostel to catch up on some reading and my blog from yesterday as I actually managed to go out yesterday. There is only really about a days worth of things to see here, but as I was in bed it didn't do me any harm to rest. All I need now is for my cold to go away so I can do a dive in the perhentian islands

I had a shower to cool off, then went for a walk back around and across the river to have a look at the place at night, and find some dinner. I stopped in a nice looking courtyard where there was a bit of live music going on and had some chicken, vegetables and potato wedges with a glass of water. It was very tasty and filling, and nice to have people around and listen to the live singers. 

I returned afterwards quite late and found the guys in front of the hostel still working on the lamborgini - putting orange stickers on it which is really quite effective. They continued working on it until quite late at night in fact. 

Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


Calgraz on

Don't worry Zoe, we are still reading and following your every move. Bluebloods forever!

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: