Disneyworld - Days 3 and 4

Trip Start Nov 09, 2008
Trip End Apr 02, 2009

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Florida
Thursday, March 19, 2009

A footnote to Day 2's entry was any parent's worst nightmare which, in retrospect, was amusing.  Steven and Yvonne went to the toilets as Steven's nappy needed changing, but seeing that the changing table was far too small for Stevie and the queues to the toilets were a mile long and the gap beneath the cubicles in America is very high, so not conducive for changing on the floor, Yvonne decide to go out of the toilets to find a quiet spot to change the nappies.  The command, "Come on, we're going out," was issued to Steven and Yvonne arrived outside realising Steven was not by her side.  Steven is very nippy and easily slips his parents when motivated, so Yvonne started to scan the area outside the toilets.  No sign of him.  Went back into the toilets - no sign.  Went out again - panic setting in.  Return to toilets - heard crying child calling Mummy, Mummy.  Went to the front of the queue to find Steven crawling along the floor, beside himself, peering under the cubicles calling Mummy!  The people at the front of the queue were beginning to wonder what to do about him and when Yvonne picked him up he was sobbing.  It was only afterwards the idea of some poor lady sitting on the toilet suddenly seeing a little head under the door calling mummy became amusing, as well as the fact that he had the initiative to start looking in cubicles!
Anyway - all safe and well we went on to explore Disney's Animal Kingdom on Day 3, which was not built when Yvonne came before so was new to her.  Many of the rides were not suitable for Steven because of the height limitation, but we did find some flying triceratops' in the dinosaur area and there were animals to see.  Steven enjoyed a walk where we had to follow a map which had the pictures of the animals on so he could follow it.  He also enjoyed a fossil playground where he was fearless and went climbing up scramble nets, Yvonne following hot on his heals, and sliding down some very high slides, not followed by Yvonne! We finished the day by going on a little train ride and went back a little earlier so we could go in one of the five swimming pools at the motel. 
Steven started in the little pool which came up to his knees and then advanced to the bigger pool complete with arm bands and swim ring where he learned that jumping into the pool from the side was fun!
Day 4 therefore had to be Epcot.  Once again it was a very hot day which made it hard work, however we found plenty of things for Steven to go on, many of which were interactive.  We started with a place where Steven adeptly operated machinery by using a computer screen.  No surprises there then!  He also enjoyed rampaging around an activity that played music depending on which squares you jumped on, but seemed to find more fun in running in circles with other children when they joined in!  He also enjoyed the Spaceship Earth ride, which involved watching a video using photos of the riders, so he saw himself in the video.  By this time the queues were so short, we went round twice for this one.  We also went on the Imagination ride, which had changed and was certainly not as good as the one Yvonne remembered from last time - a case of rose tinted spectacles maybe!
We walked around the lake into the area which has other countries represented where we had some excellent Moroccan food to eat - more like home cooking than fast food.  As always Steven enjoyed the water activities and got himself absolutely soaked and needed to be carried away crying and rigid at the end!
When we got back to the motel Steven played on the little playground designed for children over 5, but as usual he knows not these limitations and insisted on spending his time precariously climbing across a ladder like structure.
After Steven had gone to bed we noticed a smell of smoke outside and began to wonder what was on fire and whether we would have a repeat of the night in Kuala Lumpur, but when we switched the television on there were reports of wildfires between Orlando, sufficient to close the interstate highway we had travelled down on, and the area we had been staying in previously and the smell must have been the smoke blowing across.
Yvonne spent the evening indulging in Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - an American speciality!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: