Trip Start Jan 23, 2008
Trip End Jan 19, 2009

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Canada  , Alberta,
Friday, October 31, 2008

Everyone had been planning this for so long!  I'd changed my mind so many times about what I was going to dress up as for school.  Finally Lexi and I decided to go as bandits, and we'd just finished organising our costumes the night before!  Before school on that day Lexi came over and we got ready together.  We were so excited to see what everyone else was dressing up as, and lots of people had wanted to keep it a secret too. When we finally got to school, no one did much in the first class, everyone was too excited.  It was only religion anyway.  Then in the second lesson we all had to go to the gym for the Halloween pep rally!  They were introducing the volleyball teams to the school, so we had to wait out in the hallway until we were called.  But before that they did this this where they get everyone who had a birthday in September or October to go to the front and compete in a cake eating competition.  The first to finish their piece first - without their hands - wins.  So I had to go up for that, but I didn't win =]. Finally they called out the Senior girls team, so we each had to run down the isle in the middle of the crowd as they said our name and number.  Then we'd all line up, they took a picture, then we moved to the side.  When the boys came out, because everyone was in their costumes, they'd organised to come out in a special order.  They were all out and lined up, when Mike Bacon came out last as the Hulk, he ripped his shirt off, then jumped and slammed his fist into the ground, and the rest of the team all fell over. It was really funny and of course the whole school was cheering and loud music was going and disco lights and everything so it looked awesome.
Then they got everyone who was dressed up to have a group picture - not that half the people would be visable but anyway.  After that it was lunch time, and everyone was so excited and going around looking at all the costumes and taking pictures.  I had my spare, again just going around talking to people and looking at costumes, then we had biology, which we actually did some work in. Then the Senior girls volleyball team had to leave early to go and compete in a tournament at the other high school in Cold Lake.  So got changed then walked over there.  Our first game was against the High School, which is Assumption's huge rivals!  It was an awesome game!  So many people were there, lots supporting us (Assumption Crusaders) and lots supporting the Grand Centre High Rebels.  The whole football team also interrupted their practice to come and support their school.  Some other teams who we had to play later in the tournament were also watching, working out our strenghths and weaknesses.   Apparently they looked pretty scared afterward because the massive loud crowd and really strong rivalry brought out the best in both teams and it was really close and just so amazing to watch!!  Unfortunately though we lost, but only by 5 points.  After that we played two other games that night, neither of which we played too well.  I was a little disappointed that I couldn't go trick or treating like everyone else (most people fill a whole pillow case full of candy!), or partying after, but volleyball was still fun.  The tournament finished at about 11 that night, and we still had to play again in the morning so I just went home and went to bed. Saturday morning my alarm was supposed to go off at 8.30 so I could be at school again by 9.15 to play volleyball again at 10.00.  However my alarm didn't go off.  Kaegan was on her way to school at 9.15 when she just had a feeling that I might need a ride.  So she came to the door and asked Charlotte if I'd already gone.  Charlotte said she wasn't sure, so they came up to my room and opened the door and I was still fast asleep.  They woke me up, told me what time it was, and I swear I've never moved so fast before in my life!  I threw on my uniform grabbed my bag, Charlotte threw me a banana, then we left for school.  I looked terrible!  Kaihla asked if I was hung over or something haha.  We got to school at 9.18, so I did a pretty good job.  Good thing Kaegan came to get me!

The first game we played that morning was pretty bad, but after a nice team meeting and things like that, we played three awesome games after that, two of which we won.  Publow wasn't there because he was in Okotoks with the Junior Girls team, which might have been a good thing because he is extremely...vocal to us and the refs during games and probably would have been really bad when we played the High School because he used to coach them until he got kicked out of the school...  But our assistant coach Mrs. Flanders coached us for this tournament and she was pretty happy with our last few games.  Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of this tournament though.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: