4th Volleyball Tournament - St Paul

Trip Start Jan 23, 2008
Trip End Jan 19, 2009

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Canada  , Alberta,
Saturday, October 25, 2008

St. Paul is only about an hour and half away, so we left school on Friday at around 1.00.  Again this tournament the boys were also attending.  We checked into the hotel then went to the school that we were playing at.  It worked out that the us and the Assumption boys team played each of our three games that day at exactly the same time, so we couldn't watch them play.  Our first game was pretty good, but the next two were pretty terrible.  Mr. Publow was so mad at us! He got pretty vocal in the games and in our team meetings afterwards.  When we got back to the hotel that night, he went straight to his room and refused to speak to any of us.  So us girls held our own team meeting to work out what went wrong and sort things out and all of that, then to ease the tension after that, we played Ride My Pony which is a game that we sometimes play before games to get us pumped up.  So we did that, then we thought we were going to get a noise complaint so we all went back to our separate rooms then went to bed.
The next morning we had breakfast, then we all got in the bus ready to drive to the school again, but Publow refused to get on the bus with us, so he walked to the school (which was only just down the road) and the boy's coach had to drive us.  We were pretty angry with Publow for that and we thought he was being stupid and over reacting.  But we got the school, sat down and had a team meeting, then Publow joined us eventually.   We played another 3 games, all of which were much better and Publow was even in a really good mood after that.  Put we didn't make it to play-offs, but the boys did, so we watched two of their games.  Then when they lost we all got back on the bus and came home again.
Although Publow was happy with our games on Saturday, he was still mad about Friday, so our next practise was a bit of a punishment for a while, he made us do lots of running and strengh stuff and we didn't get to touch a ball for an hour and a half!  But it wasn't too bad...could have been worse.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: