The Lost day

Trip Start Aug 05, 2005
Trip End Aug 21, 2005

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Peru  ,
Tuesday, August 9, 2005

I was awake most of the night- complete body purging. Crawled into breakfast- just tea and bread crumbs. Board the bs for the Nazca Regional Museum. Very quaint- some nice exhibits. First sighting of a Peruvian hairless dog in the parking lot- the ugliest dog I've ever seen. Right up there with the hairless cat.

Stomach still upset & I get sick on the bus on the way to Hacienda. I squeeze down a few grains of ice and more tea. then the long ride back toward Lima. We drive around the ruins at Pachacama since we have to rush to the airport for flight to Chiclayo.

The grounds are extensive and we wouldn't have been able to walk much of it anyway. The oracle didn't speak, so we headed out to Lima & mad dash to the airport. I'm miserable all the way.

Then we arrive- on-time yet- at 3pm for our 5pm flight= which originally had been for 7pm- to find that it's been pushed back again to 7 pm. We get a stamp voucher for "dinner" at the airport during our 4 hour wait. I can't eat anything still. Luckily, there are nice restrooms available. Everyone is offering me their remedies- ginger candy, enzymes- the "good" ones. I take Imodium and then realize its expired. Kirsten, our dependable guide from AT offer Cipro, so I take it. At 6pm we move from the food court down to the gate- an wait another hour. I found 3 empty seats and laid down across them. Finally, we begin boarding. The plane is packed. I'm on the window next to Irene. I notice we don't have barf bags and she stops the flight attendant to get me one- good insurance. When they start serving dinner- something spicy smelling- I almost need that handy bag. Luckily, the flight is only an hour. We land in Chiclayo- after a great deal of talk about being warmer than Lima- to a heavy cold wind and no bus.

Finally, the buses arrive and off we go to the hotel. As we're standing in the lobby waiting for our keys, my left contact goes crazy- I shut my eye and try to roll the loose thing into place. Finally, I'm in my room, but can't do anything until my luggage arrives. I's now 9pm. I just want to go to bed, but need to wash out underwear & put together laundry package.

I skip dinner but Kirsten calls and asks for my order and obligingly sends up a couple bananas. They're pretty ripe, but better than anything else I can imagine on the menu.

So, I'm a mess- sick, dirty-- & down to one contact. I find that the left one is torn in half and partially hidden way up under my eyelid. I don't know where the rest went. Finally, I make to bed- small, narrow, hard- pillow barely there- and I sleep like a log.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: