Flight and landing

Trip Start Dec 27, 2007
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United Kingdom  , England,
Saturday, May 24, 2008

Sorry I haven't updated this blog in a long time but life got away from me in England.

I thought I would update this with a couple of stories of things I have done, starting with the flight.

I left Brisbane International at 11.45pm on December 27th, for the big flight to England. My luggage was somewhat over wieght but we sorted it. The first flight was ok, Brisbane to Singapore on a Boing 777. I was seated next to a guy in his 50's who was on his way to the Phillapines to spend time with his 'lover' in his holiday house! hehe. He was a flight engineer and we had a good old chat about flying and so on. I was also seated next to a little old Chinese lady who didn't say a word until our final approach to Singapore, then she wouldn't shut up and scared herself as she didn't realise when the plane hit the tarmac, it was quite a rough landing though.

I spent some time in Changi then, got a coffee, freshened up, and Matt called and we spoke on the phone for 15 mins or so. Then I was off to my next gate.

I thought I was going to sleep on the long flight as it was already 5.30am and I was starting to run out of energy, the sun was shining through the departure lounge windows and reflecting off the TVs. Once on board though, I was seated next to Chris, a sales guy from Oxford and Sarah, a cool girl from Brisbane. We all chatted the entire way and got absolutely NO sleep. Touching down in Heathrow I flew through with my British passport and there was no delay with my luggage. Sarah and I left Chris behind and she came with me to meet up with the guys and let us show her how to use the London Underground.

As it turned out we beat the guys there and had to wait in the arrivals lounge. Eventually Matt, Andy and KJ showed up and we had a cheeky pint in a bar at the Airport. Then we hit the trains and exhanged numbers with Sarah and agreed to meet her and her friend Kim later on in the eveing. Once we all got to our hostel in Russell Square, we headed to Leicester Square where we had a meal and many drinks. We were especially noisy in Weatherspoons and the staff asked us numerous times to be quiet.

Eventually we got dragged into some club and everyone wasted their money in typical London fashion, before we all headed back to the hostel, except Kim and Sarah who then cabbed back to their hostel. I don't remember my head hitting the pillow but I was awake for about 36 hours!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: