Museum of Osteology & Oklahoma City Memorial

Trip Start Aug 12, 2013
Trip End Oct 02, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Days Inn North Dallas/Farmers Branch
Read my review - 1/5 stars

Flag of United States  , Texas
Thursday, September 26, 2013

blogger visitor counter

I checked out of my hotel and headed to the Museum of Osteology. Osteology is the study of bones and it's a bone museum. It's the only one in the country, according to them, and I believe them. I paid the $7 admission fee and headed in.

The museum consists of the floor level and mezzanine level around the outside of a large room. There are displays around three of the walls on each level, in the middle of the floor on the first level and hanging from the ceiling. The skeletons and skulls are mostly organized by type of animal although there are some organized to show particular features. There are lots of signs explaining the displays and, unlike many science museums, are written at an adult level.  I spent about two hours in the museum.  I would recommend it.

Next I went to the Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum. The memorial is currently undergoing renovation but the museum was open.

The museum is organized by time. It starts with the construction of the building and what people were doing that morning up to the time of the blast. Then it tells about the blast, the rescue efforts, the investigation of the crime, the arrest of the suspects and their trials.

After leaving the museum I drove the roughly four hours to Dallas. As soon as I arrived I went to my dinner reservation at Fearing's. It wasn't what I was expecting. I thought it was a barbecue restaurant but it's a fancy restaurant in a Ritz-Carlton Hotel.

I was seated outside. It was fairly dark and there were cigarette butts on the patio. The menu is very meat-intensive. I didn't see anything vegetarian on it. I ordered two seafood dishes.

The food was fine but there were some lapses in service. When the waiter brought the first dish he dragged the rag he was using to hold the plate across my bread. I had to ask twice for sugar for my iced tea. I was never shown a wine, drink or dessert list. The glass that the amuse bouche was served in wasn't cleared until the bowl from the first course was cleared, which wasn't until it had been empty for nearly 30 minutes.

After eating, I headed for my hotel and checked in.
Report as Spam

My Review Of The Place I Stayed

Loading Reviews
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: