Manchester, Delays and Disaster
Trip Start Nov 01, 2011
12Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
The options that i'm given are to either wait and book on another flight when and if the industrial action is resolved, get a flight with another airline or get a full refund and book a different round the world ticket. None of the options particularly appeal to me, there's no flights to bangkok as they're all booked up due to the qantas action, flying by japan or china doesn't really appeal to me as it's a fookin' massive detour on top of an already fookin' long flight and looking for another round the world ticket is a none-starter due to the arrangements to meet various people in an assortment of places so i decide to sit tight and wait for the qantas action to be resolved. I'm quietly please about it though as it gives me a bit of extra time to sort out the jobs that i still haven't managed to get finished ;O
The bangkok flooding is also an issue, i have a hotel booked for bangkok and the flooding which was mainly in the north has reached the city centre and there's a huge worry over the forthcoming high tide this weekend that is due to push the already swollen chao phraya over it's flood barriers which would have massive implications on the city of bangkok. over 500 people have died in the flooding in thailand so it would be wrong to worry about my flights and the flooding and i just thank my lucky stars that i am alive and healthy enough to do the trip and besides, i've waited so long already to set off on this journey so another couple of days won't hurt....