Tour 9001 / 0808 - Day 10

Trip Start Aug 06, 2007
Trip End Oct 07, 2007

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United Kingdom  ,
Friday, August 17, 2007

Well - this is the last day of this tour.
Its been really great and we are hoping the following tours will be just as good.

Today we had another good breakfast and left at 8am. The weather is fine. We left Plymouth and traveled through Wessex and it was one of our longest drives. After 2 hours we had a short stop before carrying onto Stonehenge.

We went on the tour around the monuments and stayed there about 1 hour. Also had a cup of delicious hot chocolate. There was a good crowd here but it would have got a lot worse later in the morning - early afternoon. I enjoyed it and took plenty of photos. The guides history was also very helpful.

We continued onto Salisbury and had 1.5 hours here. It was a lovely town and it was our last town with Cosmos on this tour. While wondering around the city - it was one of those who wanted to charge for the toilets but we overcame that by using the Law Court Toilets.  It was very odd going in there as they had metal detectors and two guards at the entrance.

After a short chat with them they let us in however this is the normal now in the UK with the courts and they all have guards and metal detectors before a person can enter.

We had a very sad farewell with a number of the passengers and we now know a great couple from New York City who will show us around when we tour there next year.

The bus left us about 1.30pm and we walked along the narrow streets with our suitcases
in tow. We caught a taxi for 5.00 which shows you how close it was and we picked up our Vauxhall Astra (Brand new) and started driving to Portsmouth to tie up with an old  friend of Jackie's.

We contacted them by a public phone which cost about 3 for 3minutes. We actually managed to find each other and we followed them to one of their local pubs (the Andover Tavern).

It was lovely seeing Jackie's and her friend Lynn get together and Lynn's husband and little boy Tom were great. We had a nice afternoon lunch and stayed with them for 3 hours.
Jackie had not seen her for 25 years and they got on like a house on fire.

We then carried onto Worthing and arrived there about 7.15pm at Sheila's house. Yes - Terry, Pam was waiting and was very welcoming as was Sheila. We put down our cases and then were told we were to go around to see Ivy, Cyril, Derek and Carrie almost immediately. We got there about 8pm and had a lovely evening. Sheila, Jackie and I returned to Sheila's house and we finally got to bed about 11.30pm. Jackie seems to be coming down with either a cold or hay fever. Hope it doesn't amount to much.
As for the first tour - It exceeded by far our expectations. 
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: