KL, Port Dickson and Seremban

Trip Start Sep 19, 2010
Trip End Sep 19, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Malaysia  , Negeri Sembilan,
Tuesday, January 11, 2011

28th Dec.
  Our boat ride over to Ko Samui took 35 minutes and as soon as we docked it was straight into a taxi for the 10 minute ride to the airport. That was about as much as we saw of Ko Samui and if the airport was anything to go by we missed a treat. I have been to dozens and dozens of airports in my time and none of them come close to being as lovely as Ko Samui. This airport even had counters at the gates that served free drinks and snacks!! Just picture that at Heathrow......no, I can't either. At Heathrow and any other U.K. airport for that matter they rob you blind for a cup of tea at 3.75 a cup. Even the transport that takes you from the gate to the plane were trams like the ones that take you around Amusement parks. It really was a beautiful airport. We had booked our flights a few days earlier with an airline called firefly and we must have gotten the last few seats on the plane. Our flight took us to KL in Malaysia once again.
  Two hours later we arrived at KL in the middle of a tropical storm. Did I say I love tropical thunder storms? well I do immensely. We made our way to the hotel we had booked in a district of KL called Chow Kit, just up the road from our previous hotel in KL. That night I enjoyed a bath for the first time since Brunei all those many weeks ago. I have a bath every night of the week at home from between one and one and a half hours long and I have really missed them. The view out of the window at night of the Petronas Towers was picture perfect, made all the better with us being 16 stories up. This hotel I forget the name now was OK at about 20 a night, a little more than we would usually pay but it was right next to the Metro. 
  Lets recap, We were in KL early because our visa was running out in Thailand and also Cathy wanted to move on from Mai Pen Rai. This all led to us being in KL a week early before we were due to fly on to Sri Lanka and about five days before Kev was flying home. We spent three days sightseeing. On the 3rd day we went to the Myanmar ( Burma ) embassy to try and get visas for our planned trip there in Feb. We arrived at 12:30 just as it was closing for the day. Were we jinxed? I was starting to wonder if this country was going to be worth the effort getting in!! So bright and early the next morning we set off once more to the embassy way across town. We filled in the paperwork, stuck our passport photos onto said paperwork and paid our 30 each. The official that was dealing with us was the most obnoxious man I have ever come across. He was that good at being nasty I actually warmed to him. He waved us off dismissively telling us to wait. We took a seat and started talking to a Chinese Malaysian guy. He asked us where we were going next? We said the bus station and he said he would give us a lift as he was headed that way. There are so many nice people in the world. Thirty minutes later little Hitler called us back and handed us our passports back with our fresh new visas, Finally!!! Then with a beaming smile said "enjoy your trip, Good bye." Well I was heartbroken, I wanted him to sneer, call me a swine and chase me off the property with a stick. Then he would have earned my full respect. Our Chinese friend was true to his word and dropped us off at the bus station. We found a bus headed to Port Dickson and got on.
  One and a half hours later we arrived at our hotel. It was New Years eve and we had decided to splash out on a good 4 star hotel for a couple of nights. We chose the Corus Paradise beach resort. It had a huge swimming pool the works, nice!!! As we walked through the plush lobby to the reception desk we could here the sound of a school yard. Hundreds of kids all shouting and carrying on.Oh, sounds bad. The alarm bells in my head were ringing. I quickly made my way to the pool to have my worst fears confirmed. It was teeming with screaming kids. So many in fact you could hardly see the water. Drats and double drats, foiled again. My heart sank and as I was about to shout at the heavens WHY ME!!!!! I thought about the last 3 months and all the swimming pools and beaches I have had virtually to myself and I calmed down and thought, let them have their fun. I never did go into that pool, too much piss and snot for my liking. Our room however was 4 star and we really enjoyed our stay there. We walked the 2 miles into town a couple of times. Port Dickson was named after the Governor of that region during the British times as a matter of interest. New year came and went as did Cathy and I. We headed back up the road to a place within spitting distance from the airport called Seremban. This little town had a colonial feel to it with a couple of lovely Churches and some great old British buildings. We stayed at a hotel called the Carlton Star for 13 a night and once again it was very good value.   
   We stayed two nights then headed to the airport by bus as we had booked a hotel at the airport as our flight out was very early the next morning. It was on the bus that I first realized I was not very well. We checked in and I went for a lie down for an hour. Shortly after I threw up and I felt real sick. I stayed in bed all afternoon only getting up to see the worst Thunder storm to date. Even in my ill condition I could not miss that belter!! I slept all night, Cathy woke me at 4 AM.  I had a little water and within a few minutes it came back up bringing with it the remaining contents of my stomach, in other words bile. This was going to be a great travel day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: