Trip Start Sep 19, 2010
Trip End Sep 19, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed

Flag of Thailand  ,
Wednesday, December 8, 2010

30 th November.

  Our train to Bangkok left at 3:30 PM sharp. This train was not the Express train we had been wanting to catch, but in hindsight it was the better train for us. With the express train it sets off around 6:30 and in these parts it gets dark at 6:00 every night. So with our train we got to see a bit of the countryside before dark. That meant we got to see the beautiful jungle and mountain scenery and it really was beautiful.
  The train itself was old and the first thing that Cathy and I saw when we boarded were Cockroaches and lots of them!!! All be it small ones no larger than an inch. But where they lacked in size they made up for it in sheer numbers. Our Carriage was a sleeper with no air con, but this was actually a plus because we had a seat each and the windows opened. It was very cool and relaxing. When the guy came around to ask what we wanted for Dinner I asked him if there was anywhere on the train I could have a fag? He pointed to the end of the carriage and said just open the door and have smoke there. Nice one thinks I !!! So I had many the smoke standing on the steps of the train watching Thailand roll by. That's Warren heaven!! Ahhh
  We were sharing the carriage with a couple of Aussies a Yank and a couple of Brits. It was by no means full. After a lovely Dinner a guy came around to make up the beds at around 7:30. After a beer and a read I turned in, very cozy just me and 30 Cockroaches. NO I'M NOT JOKING !!! Every time I opened my eyes that night I saw them running around on the bed. The answer? Don't open your eyes!!
 I awoke to see Bangkok airport slipping passed and knew we would soon be there. Don't get me wrong, Cathy and I totally enjoyed the train and were glad we did the train we did. It was a great experience and when all is said and done Cockroaches don't bite.
  We got off the train and went straight to the Tourist information counter and asked if there was a bus from the station going to Morchit bus station. Yes was the reply. Catch the number 49 bus. This we did and after 2 hours in the Bangkok rush hour we reached Morchit bus station. We quickly found a mini bus to Rayong and jumped in. Two and a half hours later we were in Rayong town, all we need now is find a taxi to take us the 20 Km to the beach area. The first Taxi driver we found started by asking how much we wanted to pay?!!! This is like waving a red rag to a bull with me. Needless to say I went off on one, shouting and carrying on!! I always feel guilty after wards, but when I'm tired I can't help it, that and I have built up a deep loathing for foreign taxi drivers !!! We found another taxi which took us to our hotel on the beach front.
  Our reason for coming to Rayong is because I have a cousin called James that is working in Rayong at the moment. He is the big Cheese in a project building a Chemical plant? or something like that. He did say but I'm not very technical.
  We checked in to the Nice Beach hotel and I called James. He said he would pick us up about 7:30 and we would go for a meal. So we walked along the beach had a bite to eat and went to bed as we were cream crackered.
  We got up around 6:00 PM showered and headed to the lobby for a beer and wait for James.
 He turned up right on time in his big 4x4 pickup and it was so nice to see a familiar face for the first time in Months. In fact I think the last time I saw him I puked on his lawn after one to many. SORRY James. Anyway he took us along the coast road to a seafood restaurant right on the beach, lovely. As we were having a drink and chatting James bought a couple of bags of sugar cane from a bloke that came up to our table. Confused I asked why he had bought them?
 FOR THE ELEPHANT he said.  WHAT ELEPHANT? I said. THAT ELEPHANT he said nodding over my shoulder. Well I looked around not believing and sure enough I was literally face to face with this huge Elephant, I nearly jumped a mile. It was most funny. James gave us the bags and we hand fed the beautiful beast.
 The food was delightful and Cathy and I both had a really good night. James footed the bill, so I owe you one mate!!!  We were so glad we came to Rayong to meet up with James,and talk to someone with a Northern accent after so long.
 We stayed one more day at the hotel and I went snorkeling, nothing to see but sand. But a fantastic swimming beach. The hotel was good also, big room and a swimming pool on the 3rd floor. We could easily have stayed longer but we had to travel on to Hau Hin as we have a Villa booked there for the week.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


trish and john on

are yo sure you didn't have some cockroaches for your supper wile you were both asleep. Its behind you, ow no its not, ow yes it is worren. its a big gray elly.

ginge alcock on

youve done a diving course please do a course on how touse a camera. by the the way its *$^7" freezing here enjoy

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: