Trip Start Aug 04, 2008
12Trip End Aug 15, 2008
Show trip route
We're at the domestic airport in downtown Reykjavik, excited and eager to set foot in Greenland. The announcement comes on the loudspeaker that the Greenland flight has been delayed due to bad weather. An update is expected in 30 minutes.
Half an hour later, we are still delayed. This process continues for several hours, until word comes in the early afternoon that the flight has been cancelled for the day. No hotel accommodations are provided due to the weather cancellation. I hurriedly call my local suppliers, who are able at the last minute to book us back into our hotel that we departed this morning.
We get a transfer back to the hotel, and have an unexpected free evening in Reykjavik. Several of us go to the harbor and eat at a seafood restaurant aboard a docked ship. We'll try again tomorrow to reach our goal.