Monkey Business

Trip Start Apr 12, 2010
Trip End Jul 16, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Kori Bali Inn II

Flag of Indonesia  , Bali,
Wednesday, April 21, 2010

<<<<OK first off sorry for the delay in this blog we realize we're weeks behind but we have mostly been places where it takes 10 minutes to log into your email account or 30 minutes to upload one picture so we figured it was best to wait till we were back on Bali. Anyways, we hope you guys are all well and that you are enjoying keeping up with our travels XOXOXO :) Thanks for reading!>>>>

We woke up to a beautiful morning on our balcony where we were served banana pancakes (not the ones like the states, kinda like a crepe) and fruit. We also enjoyed our first hot water shower since it is also cooler because of the rain.

Since it was not raining, we got our stuff ready to get the most of the day. Our first stop was Monkey Forest. So we walked about 10 minutes down the road, bought the tickets to get in, and then realized that we had not sprayed the deet and it was prime mosquito territory.

So we ran back to our room, changed clothes, and sprayed everything from head to toe! Then we were ready. When we got back to Monkey Forest we were amazed at how many monkeys were right there when you come in, probably because that’s where the food is (they sell bananas to feed them). We got some really cool pictures of little ones playing and some grooming each other.

The Monkey Forest was actually the place where one of the dynasties lived in the 1300s. They made extremely elaborate temples and we got to walk around the jungle and look at all of them. We were so impressed with the architecture and the things they were able to build.

As we were walking around, we saw a bunch of monkeys "play fighting" and jumping from the wall of one of the temples into a small pool. Travis absolutely loved watching them and did not want to leave (I think he secretly wanted to be a monkey at that moment :). Then, we moved on and saw one of the smallest monkeys hanging on his mom and dad so we stopped to take pictures. Travis got lower to be able to get a better picture and sure enough a monkey hopped off of me and onto Travis’ back. As it proceeded to the top of his head, Travis became sort of an attraction and the look on his face seemed both concerned and astonished. We both were not sure what to do so I videoed it and Travis tried to stay calm. The monkey seemed very interested in his backpack (there was food in there) and eventually managed to screw off the cap of his water bottle before running away like he got a prized possession.

After going to Monkey Forest, we went a very long walk around Ubud (suggested by Lonely Planet) through a village and the rice paddies. We finally had to cut it a bit short because we had been walking for hours (probably around 6 miles). We ended up at Travis’ favorite place for lunch and made it just in time to order, since it closes at 3pm.

Then we went back to our place and passed out from our very long day.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: