Los Angeles, California and Santa Barbara
Trip Start Apr 24, 2005
17Trip End Ongoing
Show trip route
San Fransicso to Los Angeles, yey!!!
We stuck around the hostel to take advantage of the free breakfast - won't miss out on that me! We got the bus to LA, once we were there Finmbs picked us up from the gReyhound station - YES, OUR LAST EVER USA GREYHOUND TRIP, THANK GOD!!!!!!
Spent the day wandering round the huge mall, doing some window shopping. Went to the 'Mr & Mrs Smith' screening with Finbow, and Robbie was there - was very impressed that he remembered me, and came right up to me to say hi and see how I was! He even said I was looking very lovely, so as you can imagine that made my day
07/06/05 - 10/06/05
This week was a bit busy, so can't remember what I did on what days!
I was on my own this week, well, with Dean, my brother - sorry Dean if I was a pain in the bum!
- Went to Santa Monica Beach and Pier
- Did Universal Studios - the Shrek ride was brilliant! Jurrasic Park and Backdraft were also favs!
- More football spectating at Robbie's house - starting to make good friends with him and all his employees!
- Went and watched Dean and Robbie go motorbike racing, he hired out a track for the day - inclusive of a Paramedic service if needed - however, who else needed it other than me?!! I got bitten by a bloody desert spider - the ambulance was needed for me, not for anyone on the track - rather embarrassing! It turned out it looked a lot worse than it was in the end though, thank god! I was fine! Had a funny few journeys in the car - Rob played his new album and all sounds good, was getting him to do the Little Britain impressions, and quizzing him about all his taboos - well, I had to be nosey sometime soon
- Watched the Knebworth Concert with Dean, Robbie and this girl - was a very funny night, lazing on Robbie's sofa watching the DVD, knowing I was amongst one of the 125,000 fans screaming at him on stage that night....next thing I'm watching it on DVD in his living room cuddling with one of his huge dogs!!! The girl had no idea who Robbie was, or even what he did for a living (she's American!) so I told her, then he put the DVD on and her face was a picture - she didn't even realise he was famous! We all went up on his bed and mucked around on his laptop typing in 'robbie williams' into Google - we found loads of old pictures of him in Take That, and we were all wetting oursleves at the old days - this American girl thought it was all a bit weird, but me and Dean found it to be one of the funniest, and surreal days in LA so far! Stayed over in one huge guest room in Robbies house again this evening.
Went to Santa Barbra this morning with Finbow, it's a really pretty little town with great shops -window shopping again!! We went to the beach there and walked it all. We went out in Hollywood with Dean and Olly Travena (Deans mate) this evening - such a small world as Olly used to go to school with Sarah Rafati from Uni! Aparently Olly is going to be the 'next big thing' in the music world
Went to Universal Studios with Dean again today - got an Annual Pass so can go as many times as I like this year! We did the Van Helsing ride which has to be the scariest thing I have ever done in my life - really people dressed up as scary things that jump out at you while you walk round , was shaking for 15 minutes when I left! Did the Studio Tour and went down Wisteria Lane from Desperate Housewifes, and saw the crash scene from 'War of the Worlds' which was well good.
Hollywood! Saw the Hollywood sign, you can't really miss it!Went to the stars on the street at Hollywood Boulevard, and saw the hand prints and footprints at the Chinese Theatre. Went down Rodeo Drive (in the film Pretty Woman)- we didn't stop though as most of the shops are appointment only! Went back to the O.C. for the evening for an early night.