A beautiful day in Colonia

Trip Start Jun 11, 2008
Trip End May 14, 2009

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Uruguay  ,
Sunday, April 5, 2009

Got up and attempted our free croissant & coffee breakfast - Lorna succeeded, but I still wasn't feeling good.
We decided to walk up to the bus station so I could get some fresh air. We took our time and got there 30mins before our bus was due to leave at 12.30pm.

The bus journey was pretty much the same as the one here, so not really much to report, except that it took the usual 2 and a half hours.

We arrived in Colonia de Sacramento at 3pm and walked the 10 minutes to our hostel - El Viajero. We checked into an 8 bed dorm - we are only stopping one night and the private rooms were way to expensive for the amount of time we'd spend in them.
The hostel itself is quite nice with a courtyard, sundeck, TV room and free internet & breakfast.

We took a walk into the historical old town which is really small and quaint with it's cobbled streets. There are a couple of nice plaza's with some outdoor cafés surrounding them. There is a nice feel to this place and the weather today was beautifully sunny and hot.

We had a climb up the Colonia lighthouse to get some views of the town and scenery. Because it was clear we could see Buenos Aires in the distance!

We then walked along the waters edge as the sun went down and headed back to the hostel. The sea here is unfortunately brown, but I may have been responsible for that over the last couple of days!!

We had a shower & change and went to a nearby restaurant. After ordering an 8 piece pizza between us, I could only manage one piece!! Lorna managed 3, so we took the rest of it back to the hostel for tomorrow's lunch. I must be bad if Lorna can out eat me at pizza!!

We watched a bit of TV then went to bed. We check out tomorrow, but our ferry to Buenos Aires is not until 7pm, so we have got another full day in Colonia de Sacramento. If the weather is as good as today it should be good.

Later that evening the dorm became like some sort of decaying farmyard!! Two lads came in about midnight and stunk awful, and then as soon as their heads hit the pillows, one was snoring. He sounded like a dying cow being slaughtered and then shagged back to life again (not that I actually know what that sounds like, but if I had to guess, then this is it!). This is where the iPod became of use again, although I had to have it on full volume to drown out the aforementioned animal antics!
I couldn't actually send out a few f@rts in retaliation as I had the imminent fear of following through!! Oh, woe is me!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: