Singing in the Singapore

Trip Start Jun 11, 2008
Trip End May 14, 2009

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Singapore  ,
Monday, October 6, 2008

This morning we got on our bus to Singapore. It was a full size bus, but only had 26 seats on it. They were like big reclining leather armchairs - brill. There's nothing really to report on the journey because, due to the seats being so big and comfy, we both slept nearly all the way.
The only problem was about 2 minutes into the journey when I threw up for the second time this morning. Luckily, Lorna had pinched the sick bags from the Air Asia flight, so one of them came in very useful. The bus also had to make one other stop before heading off to Singapore, so I had chance to nip off and dispose of the bag full of fun. If you're interest, it was slimey green in colour and texture as well!!
We have decided that the tablets are working against me because I have got to take so many at once. I have decided not to take the tablets for the rest of the day to see what happens.

We passed through customs at about 2pm. This was sooooo easy. Both the Malaysian end and the Singapore end was so straight forward.....and no queues! We finally arrived at the bus depot in Singapore at about 3pm.

We decided, due to our condition, to get a taxi to our hotel - it was cheap enough. The hotel was called Harbour Ville Hotel. It's in a rarely nice location actually, amongst tree lined avenues and near a big park. We could walk into Chinatown and the city in less than 30mins - which is great for us as we do prefer to walk round cities. It's also very quiet round here which is a bonus.

This evening we took a walk to a nearby complex called Vivo City. It's a big complex full of shops & restaurants. Walking to the complex, we felt we could have been in England - people driving on the left, a hint of rain in the air, tree lined streets, grass laden verges - the only thing missing was the litter! This city, so far, is so clean (mind you, Kuala Lumpur was very clean as well).

Not taking the tablets is definitely working for me, because tonight I actually felt starving. I actually craved Steak & mashed potatoes. We found a place in Vivo City called White Dog Café and I had my steak and Lorna had chicken & wedges. We would never have been able to eat this yesterday due to the effect of the tablets - so this felt great. We didn't overdo it, but we really enjoyed what we had, and, it was absolutely cooked to perfection.

As we hadn't eaten like this for nearly a week, we decided to go back to the hotel in case we had any after effects. We put the tv on and it was showing Jurassic Park III, just what we needed to test our guts - a crap stomach churning film!! It really is pants isn't it?

Then watched live baseball into the late hours before crashing.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


stellat on

When did you last have one Simon?Hope you loads better.
Love us xxxxxxxxxx

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: