Life flashing before me - not a pretty sight!

Trip Start Jun 11, 2008
Trip End May 14, 2009

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Malaysia  ,
Friday, October 3, 2008

I was up most of the night parting with, what looked like, lime green slime filled with dark green tobacco leaves. I even allowed Lorna a close up inspection of said substance!

Lorna was feeling a little better by now, but still nowhere nearly up to scratch. We think she was less impacted because she threw most of her meal up that night after the restaurant. The restaurant name is Oasis Beach Restaurant and it's near Cenang Beach on the west coast of Langkawi - please DO NOT EAT THERE!!!!

Lorna was my little hero as she went across the road to try and find a pharmacy to get us some type of drugs to help. We had already tried our diahorrea tablets, but to be honest, this wasn't diahorrea anymore!! I had also got stomach cramps kicking in as well.

Unfortunately, there were no pharmacies as such, but she did find a private health clinic and the Doctor told her to bring me across.
Lorna fetched me and I gingerly made my way across the road. Once in with the doctor, I proceeded to describe my deposits in graphic detail. He looked a little worried that I was going to pull a sample out, but I wasn't that cruel. He immediately knew I had some kind of virus though and he checked my tongue!! Dunno why. Does he think I lick my ass? Oh well, he's the doc.

Anyway, apparently my tongue was yellow & white, which allegedly, is the incorrect colour of a tongue. The doc took on a more worried look and directed me into a private room!

It was at this point that Lorna got quite excited as she thought I was going to experience an anal probe!! Her hopes were dashed when all he produced was a stethoscope which he placed upon my stomach.

(Extra info - the doc was a Malaysian/Indian who used to work at Guy's hospital in London. He came home to Malaysia 5 years ago when his Dad got ill, and he set up this clinic).

Moving on. As the doc had listened to my stomach, his comment was (in his Indian accent) "Oh my God! This is very serious!"........what?!
Now, for a guy who has been sh*tting uncontrollably for the last 48 hours, the last thing a doctor should be saying is something to make the guy sh*t his pants!!
I controlled the urge to release a substance reminiscent of something from Ghostbusters out of my ass and politely asked "Excuse me?".
The doc said "we need to get you straight on a drip"!!!
OK doc, how far do you want to push this before I deposit a full load of toxic waste all over your floor?!
At first I feared a hospital trip, but as this was a private clinic, he had a room available here to do it.
Officially I had a severe stomach & intestinal infection/virus.
I asked doctor to check Lorna as well, although She seems a bit better. It turns out that Lorna too had the infection/virus, but not as severe, but still very bad. We think this is because she threw her food up. As I say, Lorna has never been so pleased to part with her food!!
Anyway, on the bed, the doc was having great difficulty trying to stick his needle into me........careful.......don't start thinking dirty......this was a medical moment!! Apparently, I was so dehydrated, he couldn't get a needle into my veins. After sabotaging my left hand, he finally succeeded in my right hand. And that was it, 2 to 3 hours on a drip - great!
After the boredom of watching drip, drip, drip, we were then free to go. We were both given a 3 day course of tablets (4 different tablets, 3 times a day, for 3 days). Thing was, they looked like M&M's! Bet they don't taste like them though!
Funny thing then happened. Lorna coughed and immediately the doctor turned round and said "Oh dear". He then got her a bottle of cough medicine, for free, and told her to stop the cough straight away!..........She coughed ONCE!! Oh well.

In the end our little adventure cost us about 130 and we don't feel any better at all yet!!

We went back to the guesthouse to rest, on doctor's orders, and were told we could only eat bread and drink water for the next three days!!!!

We did try and go for a walk for an hour later on, but we clearly weren't well, so we went back to bed. Hopefully we will try and get out tomorrow......
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: