Trekking around Cahui
Trip Start Dec 14, 2007
300Trip End Nov 04, 2008
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
- they are in a farm house inside a farm next to the main road
- there are chickens and pigs walking around, shouting and fighting (next to where we are writing)
- there is an occasional pooh in the room (hopefully of animal origin)
- the owner has a walking disability and keeps falling over when he gets up (but he is a great and friendly person)
- no matter how long we stay...it always costs 20 Quetzals for both of us ($3 US)
Anyway, today we woke up unusually late (7am) as we had no tour or travelling to be done, had a long pancake breakfast and after a recommendation from the hostel waitress decided to visit the natural reserve next to the place. Its actually only 600 metres down the road so worth a walk.
We werent too lucky with the animal spotting (only one spider monkey, a few colourful birds, a toad, 2 guatusas and a tarantula), but the jungle is definetly worth a walk (4 hours in total).