The Itchy & Scratchy Show - Chicago

Trip Start Jul 13, 2009
Trip End Oct 07, 2009

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
AAE Chicago Parthenon

Flag of United States  , Illinois
Monday, August 10, 2009

After a very early start (noticing a few bite marks) we got to the bus station for our 07:00 bus and got to Buffalo Airport without a hitch. After check in (where we found checking bags cost an additional $20 each on top of the ticket price) we had a bit of breakfast and headed through security. The flight was about an hour and a half and we landed in sunny Chicago. On the train I got chating to a magician who was in town on for a Magician's conference. A really interesting guy who also showed me a magic trick with rubber bands. Very clever, we also got a tip on a great show in Vegas to go see. The trip in took just over an hour and our hostel was very close to the UCL Halstead stop. We dropped off our bags and went to a diner for luch which is on route 66. The longer the day went on the more bites came out. Lets just say we were saying very bad things especially about the hostel in Niagara. After a bit of moaning (Sue would be proud) we walked down to the waterfront and then moseyed back up to the hostel. Again, the floor was dirty but it seemed clean enough. However, we have decided it is the last hostel we are staying at and have cancelled our other ones as BEDBUGS SUCK! We went out for dinner at a Greek Restaurant as that was the area we were staying in and ordered pizza and salad. Had to have pizza in Chicago.

The next day we hired bikes and cycled 30 miles of Water Front. We went north to Montrose Harbour, on the way back we took the loop past Notebaert Nature Museum and Lincoln Park Zoo and then cycled down to 63 Street Beach and the Osaka Japanese Garden. On the way back we had a head wind so we stopped off at Promontory Point for an icecream :-) We were knackered when we returned the bike to Millennium Park where all the sculptures are. We had a great day and took in some beautiful sights of the city. We wandered back up to the hostel and collapsed for a while before admitting we had to do laundry to make sure no more bedbugs. By the time we had finished and had dinner it was 23:00 and we were very glad to see our bed.

The next day we were still scrathing and headed back out to the airport to pick up our next car.

Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: