McLies and stuff, including stamp number 3

Trip Start Aug 23, 1996
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Andorra  ,
Tuesday, July 28, 1998

We drove away from Barcelona, happy that we had seen the city and hoping all was well with the Chookmobile. We had been driving for a couple of hours, and then it happened, the Chookster started to miss. We pulled over, tried starting it up and it was all ok. So we drove, came to a tunnel went through it, and there it was, Andorra. Complete with customs police, so we asked and got stamp number three. As we entered Andorra, it was very similar to Gibraltar. A huge line of people with Spaninsh number plates leaving the country, all being searched as this was another duty free country. As we were very low on alcohol, and as there was a hypermarket as soon as we entered the country, we pulled over and stocked up. Cheap food and beer and of course, for the girls, sangria, but as a special surprise, I got them both a can of Sangria con gas. Sangria with gas. We drove into the centre of town, eyeing up some campgrounds, but we had decided to freecamp around near one of the ski fields. We parked up and had a look around town, went to a camera store and realised I had paid a little to much for our underwater camera. Such is life. We had paid 100 less than London, so I was not to perturbed. We made our way to the skifields, and found a nice spot and set up and cooked and drunk beers and sangria, including the con gas. Once morning came, we were all bursting for the toilet. Number twos in fact. This is the dangerous occupation of freecamping, and as there was no where really to go, we drove back in to town to find a McDonalds, for the sole purpose of a McS**t or if you have to, a McS**t with lies. This was one with lies. Once over, we jumped back into the van and prepared to leave Andorra. As we drove out, the Chookster missed, so we crawled up a hill and then rolled down a hill, with a quick stop at another duty free supermarket. Once full, we stopped off at the customs, but the French would not give us a stamp. The mountain road was covered in fog, and we continued down, once at the bottom though, the Chook was sick. We pulled into a garage and had an interpreter speak to a mechanic, but the mechanic basically said he would rip us off, so we broke down 100 metres down the road. Another mechanic, came and got us, and we were staying now in a hotel in Prades
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: