Better late than never
Trip Start Feb 03, 2013
9Trip End Feb 23, 2013
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
It is however going to be a bullet point list, probably not in order but you get the idea.
- Akihabara and electric city, a place full of idol shops, arcades 7 levels high, manga giga stores and all things mind blowing.
· Kabuki! We went to see a kabuki play which granted we didn't understand what exactly was being said however the 4 hour show was well described in an English 4 sheet of A4 guide so we understood it in our own way.
· Leo got to meet Godzilla at last! En route to the theatre we visited the statue, and then on the way home had dinner at the restaurant next door to him so we could see him a bit more.
· Nakano Broadway where we nearly came home with a remote control Godzilla for *ahem* the bargain price of *ahem* a lot… sadly he didn’t work :( so after convincing Leo to go back and get him it was just not meant to be.
· More Akihabara for insane game playing and breakfast noodles.
· A temple in what seems like a forest just off Harajuku station. We entered in what looked like a archway of trees with snow gently fluttering through the gaps in the canopy. Hidden in this forest was a huge temple. Not the one we were looking for granted but still a hidden and unexpected gem of a place.
· The actual temple we were looking for! The famous one with the large red lantern the size of several men. Another hidden gem this time in what seemed like a maze of streets.
· And last of all, left for last for a very good reason too… the Studio Ghibli Museum which was everything I expected and looked forward to and 100 times more. This is also a very special place from our visit as on the roof, behind the Laputan robot statue that towered above the trees in the roof garden, next to the control cube Leo asked me to marry him :) needless to say even bigger smiles all round for the rest of the holiday and nothing says celebrating like a Korean BBQ dinner with lots of tasty Japanese beef and brown sugar umeshu!
· Oh and more Akihabara!
It’s a rubbish end to the updates but didn’t want to just leave it where it was.
The holiday and experience just cant be summed up in words, all I really can say is I cant wait to go back!
Hope to see everyone soon enough to bore you with proper details of the holiday and everything I have missed out from these updates.
So for the last time for this blog, over and out!