Last Animal Kingdom Day

Trip Start Unknown
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Florida
Sunday, April 14, 2013

In AK for 9am opening and first up was the rollercoaster - Expedtion Everest - Gareth tried it for the first time and enjoyed it so they rode it again

Then we bumped into "Devine" on our way to the safari.

We then took a train ride to "Conservation Station" where you are able to see some of the research and conservation work that Disney do . We had photos taken with with Rafiki from Lion King and then headed outside to the petting zoo where the children had great fun brushing goats and pigs. Then back indoors to look into the vets lab and see love birds getting checked out by the vets. Then time for some hands on fun and the children learnt about - and touched a baby alligator

We had abourt 45 minutes to kill before the Lion king show so we whipped off to do the Kilimanjaro Safari again! (one of our favourites)

We saw the 12.30pm Lion King Show (as voted for by Lara and I ) and then had a quick ice cream and pretzel stop (pretzel for me - ice cream for the others) before going to the 2 pm Flights of Wonder show. There were different birds in it this time including a very clever parrot who knows 17 songs and sang the whole of "How Much in That Doggy in the Window" for us. With his unerring luck or such things, Scott managed to get picked as the volunteer from the audience and got to throw a grape in the air for a bird to demonstrate how it catches flying insects.

Then the others wnt to try out the Kali river rapids (something we hadnt got round to before) while Duncan and I watched. Duncan decided it looked ok and he wanted to try it too. The others came off drenched and I thrust the bags at Matt asked him to put them in a locker and I ran off to take Lara to the loo. Lara told me "I'm soaked - I am NEVER going on that again". "Oh yes you are" I replied - "We're all going on it now!"

We all got drenched again and ended up doing it twice as Duncan enjoyed it so much (the second time two people n our boat managed to get off barely wet at all - I dont know how they managd as we were wet through as were all the other people I had seen coming off it!)

As we walkd through the park to go home, It was 3.45pm and the Jammin Jungle Parade was about to start so we stopped to watch it (this is about the fourth time thats happened for me to see a parade without really trying!

As we left, Scott had melt down re pin trading in guest services and told me (not for the first time this holiday" how I dont care, dont help, dont ever consider him and am very unfair.)

*Sigh* Sometims th pin trading has been a bad idea as he and Gareth have both decided to "collect" pins of pirates and so are in fierce competition with each other when thy spot someone they can swap pins with. Given they each have a lanyard to pin them on and 10 pins to swap with people they are lucky boys - as was pointed out to them!!!

We left at 4pm about 2 hours later than planned! ...and with the boys determined they want to go back to Animal Kingom on our final day.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: