Alice to Darwin

Trip Start Feb 28, 2009
Trip End Aug 06, 2009

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Australia  , Northern Territory,
Monday, March 30, 2009

So our journey from Alice to Darwin consisted of loads of driving over the next 2 days stopping mainly at pubs and water holes.  We had lunch at Devils Marbles (Tennant Creek) and had some fun spelling out our country of origin - trying to spell out Japan was a riot.  We totally spazzed and should have done OHIO at Uluru, would've made for a much better photo.  That was the highlight of the day, we made it to camp, stayed in tents with actual beds.  The campsite had random goats running around, a stray cow, and kangaroos.  Greg and Lindell (from Sydney) had good intentions but still managed to accidentally put the rooster in the hen house....oops yet hillarious.  We didnt realize until the next morning when he was crowing.  There were tree frogs everywhere, or lavatory frogs since they love being in toilets.  We headed to the pub on site but it was closing so we ordered takeaways and drank them out on the porch. 

The second day on our journey to Darwin, we stopped at a road-train stop with reptiles and saw a blue tongue lizard.  We would've been able to hold the python if our guide had a clue and told us not to put sunscreen on, which hurts the snake.  Then that would've been the highlight of the day instead of seeing Charlie the dead stuffed water buffalo from "Crocodile Dundee"  We saw some more massive termite mounds on the way to Katherine Gorge and hiked all the way to a waterhole.  At the various waterholes, we would engage in cliff diving, swimming, and climbing through waterfalls.

Then some more driving and finally made it to Darwin 2 hours late for some mystery reason.  We stayed the night at the Cav Backpackers, who split up our group so Greg and I `shared a tiny room ensuite and fridge with 3 random obnoxious brits.  The whole group then met up at The Vic for our free meal and $7 jugs of NT draught.  We had loads of fun drinking and dancing and then back on the bus at 6am, not a fun morning. 
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: