Who said homeschooling isn't fun?
Trip Start Jan 01, 2013
7Trip End Dec 31, 2013
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
* The Carlos Museum at Emory University to examine Egyptian and Asian artifacts.
* The Atlanta History Center's homeschool day to revisit how America was shaped.
* Callaway Gardens and roamed through the beautiful nature paths and gardens.
* Legoland with a homeschool group and built race cars and sang karaoke on the Lego Friend's set.
* The ImagineIt Children's Museum.
* Zoo School at Zoo Atlanta.
* A fantastic student performance of the Alvin Alley Dance Troupe at the Fox Theater.
* An all day robotics workshop at Georgia Tech Research Institute.
* Spivey Hall at Clayton State University to hear amazing jazz performed by Clark-Atlanta University students.
* The Fernbank Science Museum.
What's makes it all even cooler is the fact that many of the activities are free and most are greatly discounted for homeschoolers! In addition to the activities, Mecca just finished her first round of hip-hop classes, continues with gymnastics and has one more session of a hands on science class. I think she has it pretty good, so if she complains about her spelling or math exercises I remind her that most kids are sitting in a classroom for 6-8 hours a day! Oh isn't life sweet for this 7 year old. ;)
Check out my article called "Let The Children Be" on Lifeharmonylinks.com: http://www.lifeharmonylinks.com/index.php/22-featured-news/278-let-the-children-be