Home Sweet Home
Trip Start Jul 24, 2010
7Trip End Jul 29, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
And soon off to school! We have around 1 week before school begins for Elizabeth, Jessica, and Rachel, and we're finishing up summer reading reports and gathering school supplies! Lois and Barbara have jumped right back into their regular schedules; however, all of us, are forever changed. All of us have been monumentally blessed by this trip: by friendships, closer relationships, and our friendship and relationship with our LORD and Savior Jesus Christ. We've learned more about ourselves-including our gifts and talents-and could not have been further blessed!
On Thursday we continued our work, finishing up our jobs. Barbara and Jessica did some more painting, Elizabeth and Lois finished up working on electricity, and Rachel helped take apart part of the platform and then did some more tuck pointing-this time hanging out the 5-story window in a harness
We headed back to The Rock and watched a quick slide-show of our week together and then left to head over the airport. We said goodbye to Pastor Randy and flew out to Nashville, switched planes, and then headed back to Orlando. We returned to our homes about 1:30 that morning.
We learned so much, and each of us learned something different: from how to throw a football to how to work electricity to how to tuck point to how to deal with people to knew things about our LORD and Savior. I must though make an adjustment to the nicknames, here is the final naming: Elizabeth-Electra (working with electricity), Jessica-Angelo (little painter), Barbara-Misty (loves water), Lois-Go-Go (you should see her go up to people and share the word of the LORD, plus she never stops!), and Rachel-Spidey (hung from 5-stories).
Every morning we opened our day with a Bible study; however, our Bible studies were not the conventional, normal types. Instead, what we did was Pastor Randy opened his Bible to the last page of Revelation and then began flipping backward and picked someone to say "stop"
1. Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation? -Hebrews 1:14
2. and upon Hamath too, which borders on it, and upon Tyre and Sidon, though they are very skillful. Tyre has built herself a stronghold; she has heaped up silver like dust, and gold like the dirt of the streets. -Zechariah 9:2-3
3. Those who were sent ahead went and found it just as he had told them. -Luke 19:32
4. May their eyes be darkened so they cannot see, and their backs be bent forever. -Romans 11:10
5. What is man that you make so much of him, that you give him so much attention -Job 7:17
7. And where these have been forgiven, there is no longer any sacrifice for sin. -Hebrews 10:18
8. those who with a word make a man out to be guilty, who ensnare the defender in court and with false testimony deprive the innocent of justice. -Isaiah 29:21
9. Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I am thirsty." -John 19:28
Over the time we were away, we saw God work in miraculous ways and we want to thank each and every one of you for all of your prayers, thoughts, and concerns. We really and truly could not have done it without you. God's Blessings!
Until the Next Trip,
A special thank you to Pastor Randy for facilitating all of this at The Rock!