Cwm Nantcol

Trip Start Sep 13, 2007
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United Kingdom  ,
Saturday, September 22, 2007

Gid and Gill were to join us today and our expectation of a TVR didn't arrive. Apparently some pillock had gone into their pride and joy. People like this should have their licences removed. Along with some limbs. They should be forced to sit in the Coupe's back seat.

Today I'd already decided I'd go on a mammoth walk. Setting off towards Cwm Nantcol I climbed up the back of Moelfre and then over to the lake where last year I almost died in a bog. This time I headed back down stream and over a small hump bridge and then followed a path to the second lake. It was then the clouds started closing in and I thought to myself, "here I go again!" Images from the beginning of "An American Werewolf In London" flashed in my head as I tried to keep myself from straying off the marked path. Although my compass would point me in the right direction I would be completely lost as the visibility was down to about 50 feet. So, I followed the designated path, on and on. Eventually I reached tarmac - but where? I thought I'd probably end up near Dyffryn but it was only when I stopped a lad on a scrambler that the true scope of my predicament had been reached.
"How far is it to Llanbedr is it?" I asked.
"Ooooh about 7 miles." The young scamp replied.
Bugger, I thought.
No matter I followed the road down and decided to cut across using any footpaths leading in the general direction of the caravan. I spotted some landmarks, such as the airfield, and felt that I was heading in the right direction and with any luck should come out at the top of the steep hill by Dyffryn. And I was completely correct. To celebrate I called Carolyn and we giggled about how completely insane I must be. We decided I was very insane.
This evening is Tony's again... and tomorrow I'm going to be too stiff to move!
The evening meal was once again spectacular fair at Tony's. For a starter I had blue crab hotpot, which was essentially crab baked with a blue cheese sauce. Scrumptious. For my main course I had Pollo Cacciatore which was baked chicken breast with tomato, red and yellow pepper, onion, garlic and red wine sauce. To describe it as anything less than perfect would do it a disservice. Frankly even home cooked food rarely gets any better than this.
The night was a long one though. A driving rain storm hurled an oceans worth against the canvas. Although I remained dry and relatively warm I slept for only a few hours. Thankfully tomorrow will be a complete day of rest - not even an expedition in LaVern.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: