A rock in Rockhampton.

Trip Start Jul 23, 2008
Trip End Jul 06, 2009

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
where i parked

Flag of Australia  , Queensland,
Sunday, December 14, 2008

Alrighty roo...
Day one of my wee roadtrip. It started oot rough and i knew it was gonna be that way. I never get used to leaving the wonderful people i meet behind and i'm no good at it either with saying bye. But at least i have the chance to meet new people and then have new amazing friends in my life and have them to miss. So i said my farewell and i was on the road again..

The deal with this campervan is that i'm 'relocating' it for a company (otherwise there is nooo way it would be in my wee budget). So i paid $5/day plus a $25 booking fee and it's all mine for 5 days, as long as i get it to Cairns by the right date...bloody lovely.

Shortly after i started my journey i got word from da kin, uncle gord and aunty anne again, that they were driving back down now from Cairns...so we arranged to meet for a quick bevvie, we were gonna pass eachother anyways. This time cousin Tanya was with them, it was grand to see her, been a longggg time. So we met in a wee town called Childers, aboot 3 hrs north of Brisbane. It was a quaint little town, with one main strip (the hwy) and matching faded pink buildings on either side, country style. We had an hour visit or so and then they were on and so was i.. i had lots more driving to do that day as i hadn't made it that far at that point.

I managed to make it a decent size town called Rockhampton, aboot 700 kms north. It was late, and dark and i just opted to pull over into a residential area. So found myself an empty piece of land/grass beside a house and parked 'er up. I was starving and hot and soon realized that i really should have been shown properly how to work the bloody fancy campervan (well fancy to my standards, cuz its no tent) - couldn't get the pop-up roof up, couldn't find the gas for the stove and couldn't figure oot how to hook up the water. So after some frustration, i didn't succeed and made myself a sandwich and got mentally prepared to sweat a lot. It obviously is getting hotter and more humid as i go north and i just wasn't in the mood to be honest...I was tired and emotional.

So my fist night was a bit of challenge..wasn't exactly feeling the roadtrip vibe yet. But i got my nifty lawnchair (so thankful i had a lawnchair), tucked into my sandwich and looked up into the gorgeous sky where i was thankful to find a lovely full moon and many bright stars...and decided to focus on that. Then I got in my super nifty camper (just a 4x4 landcruiser camper style), made my bed and realized it wasn't thattt hot and i should take advantage of the cool night hours...tomorrow is always a brand new day!
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: