Manila, the capital

Trip Start Jan 07, 2008
Trip End Jul 22, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Philippines  , Luzon,
Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Yello...i didn't end up going to another village in the north, i stayed in Sagada for another day as i had a bit too much rice wine with a Fillipino girl the night before (any amount of rice wine is too much really) and then bussed it ALL day, 13 hrs to get to Manila. There isn't much to report here...It's a very vast city, busy, dirty, hot and not really any big attractions, so much so that i took the time to head to the cinema and i never go to the cinema but Sex and the city was calling my name for alittle bit of R&R.

One night at dinner i met a bunch of Canadian helicopter mechanics that are all working in different countries all over the world but here for a training course. They were a good laugh..i haven't been surrounded by all Canadians for a very longgg time...could definitely pick up on the Canadian lingo and sense of humour...gotta love it! I met them the next night again for a few beers and some mjore company so that was lovely...just as i was craving some good company. They picked up the bill as well which was ever so gracious of them!

Manila is more a transport hub as you can basially get anywhere in the Phillipines from there. The places i had hoped to go changed as certain boats only go certain days and some places are quite after looking at my limited options (i didn't want to fly) i decided to take a 2 night, 35 hr boat to go to Bohol Island, way south. It's a superferry so i did have a place to sleep and some deck space to wander around and a restaurant. I had originally bought the economy ticket, up on the top deck with hundreds of others on bunk beds very close together and no air con..not sure what i was thinking. I guess i thought well if other people can handle it then i can - wrong! I had to upgrade to the lower floor with aircon, still bunk beds but bigger and more privacy with barriers inbetween. Once i got there.. i was quite happy. There wasn't much to do on the boat so i used the time to do some much needed roger (my backpack) needed some serious reinforcement. Then the on the last night i had a few beers in the dining area and was entertained by the karoke competition...everyone loves karoke here!! They wanted me to be a judge but that's a bit more attention than i like..just a spectator please. I arrived in Bohol early Friday morning in the pissing rain!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: