Thourista: this time me!

Trip Start Mar 17, 2007
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Madagascar  ,
Thursday, November 22, 2007

I wake up at 4. Have to go to the bathroom. Coming back I feel nauseous. Have to go to the bathroom again. Feel sick by now. It does take an hour before I realize: this is NOT right. I am sick as a dog till 8. Hubby cancels the diving. He does not want to go either. I do not leave my room all day. In the evening, I do join my Tomcat for diner and have a soup. I feel exhausted after an hour. Roberto drops by and Tony says he goes diving tomorrow, as he should. But, I will not.  Back in the room, I go to bed.

Next morning: hubby leaves at 7h45. I know he hopes I will come. But, I cannot. Although I am no longer sick, I feel like someone sucked out all my energy. Despite all the drilling and hammering noises, as from 7h, I manage to sleep till 10. I go and sit on the hotel's terrace. I try to get some coffee. 'No, madam, the restaurant is closed'. At 12, I feel good enough to get myself a glass of wine in the room.  As I come back with my glass, a waitress asks if I want something to drink. Weird, weird place. The language is Italian. OK, my guide book did say that it is a popular place with the Italians and the French but it did not say: welcome to Italy, have a nice day. Tony is back at 12h30, with stories about whale sharks (in the distance, not while diving) and friendly turtles.

I feel much better, so agree to go diving the next day. We eat in the hotel, same strange ceremony. And put our alarm clock at 7h.  
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: