One day in

Trip Start Jul 02, 2006
Trip End Aug 07, 2007

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed

Flag of United States  , Kentucky
Monday, July 3, 2006

So far so good. We left last night/this morning at midnight. We'd been packed for hours but I wanted to let Wally get some sleep before we left. After we loaded the kids in the car, we left. The kids woke up a couple of times but all in all were really good through the night. I ended up sitting in the back seat with them on a couple of occasions and between that, I was able to get some shut eye myself curled up in the front seat.

Our first stop was to be breakfast. We hit the southern part of Atlanta around 6 am and boy were we hungry. Our favorite stop on the road has to be Cracker Barrel. It's a road trip standby. However, we couldn't find one and the kids were getting cranky, so we pulled into a Steak N Shake. I don't know where we were exactly, but I wasn't feeling too secure about this place. It was deserted except for the workers and just didn't feel too safe. So, we were off to the next exit. Since we were traveling 75, we decided to take the bypass around Atlanta. By the time we went around the bypass and found the next suitable exit with food, it was already 7 am. And, we were ahead of schedule.

After breakfast we hit the road again. We stopped at a rest area and let Noah run around for a bit to get out some steam. Then it was on to lunch at Mickey D's. By this time it was 1:30 pm and we were only about 120 miles from our stop. We got to our hotel at 3:30. I was so thrilled we were almost 2 hours ahead of schedule! Woohoo!

We stayed at the Econo Lodge in Georgetown, KY. It's a small motel in a small town, so I wasn't expecting much. First, she gave us the wrong room. I requested a room with a pool view so we could walk to the pool. Since we got there so early, I definitely wanted to go swimming. After that was corrected, we got to the new room they assigned for us and it was dirty. The bed was unmade, towels were used and on the floor. So I walked back to the front desk and got reassigned again. Lucky for them, we finally got what we asked for. Noah and I immediately went swimming. That was nice and refreshing after a long day in the car. Then we got pizza at the local pizza joint near the motel. It was too bad I didn't bring my laptop with me because they had free wi-fi access. I was surprised to find that in such a small area.
We finally were fed and ready for bed and I think we all crashed around 8. We'll be back on the road at 2am.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: