Ouch my feet hurt!

Trip Start Sep 01, 2010
Trip End Jun 18, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Australia  , New South Wales,
Monday, October 25, 2010

So today we had to check out of our hostel and move on to our next one on the other side of town. We had packed our bags last night but had forgotten just how heavy they were... I swear they get worse everytime we put them on. But in all honesty I have to admit, Tom's is a lot heavy than mine and he is my hero for carrying the heavier stuff. Before we set off we nipped around the corner back to the travel agents we had seen the other day to buy our passes for the Greyhound bus and were very pleased with ourselves that we had managed to get them for such a cheap rate. Once our passes were all sorted we started the trek to the next hostel. We could have got the city train but considering that it was only 2 stops away we decided that it couldn't be that far, oh how wrong we were! It took us nearly 2 hours to walk across Sydney with our extremely heavy backpacks on and by the time we got there we could hardly take another step. This hostel is near a place called Alfred Park and right next to the Central Transport depot, great for when we come to leave Sydney. When we arrived we were told that we had been upgraded from a 6 bed-dorm to a 4 bed-dorm at no extra charge and that we were currently the only people booked into the room... yippee! After the last few days in Kings Cross it was great to have some space in our own room, we even had our own TV! Once we had got settled in we decided to go out into the city for a few hours because the weather had finally brightened up. Before we arrived in Sydeny we didn't really have many plans but one of the only things we wanted to do was go whale watching; we had originally planned to do it in New Zealand but had found out we could do it a lot cheaper in Sydney. So we headed to a travel agent we had seen who were currently doing buy-one-get-one-free on whale watching trips and booked ourselves onto a 4 hour trip the following day. Our great bargain hunting had meant that we paid 47 for us both to do a 4 hour trip in Sydney, rather than spending 150 for a 2 hour trip in New Zealand... eat your heart out David Dickenson! Once we had our boat trip done we went for a long walk around the city and finally managed to get across the Harbour Bridge to get some great photos of the Opera House in the sunshine. After walking all day our feet were absolutely killing us and we some how found our way back to China Town for another wonderful tea! I think if Tom eats any more noodles he will turn into one!   
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: