First week down under

Trip Start Nov 09, 2012
Trip End May 31, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Burn's house
What I did
Sydney Opera House
Read my review - 5/5 stars

Flag of Australia  , New South Wales,
Friday, November 23, 2012

This is from the 18th-23rd. We're pretty much just settling in. So, on the 18th we decided to do some of the touristy stuff. So we went to the city centre and looked around the shops and things. Then we went to the opera house which is next to the harbour bridge, which is a pretty cool place to sit and have lunch as it's quite iconic of Sydney (I have a few pictures). Then we wondered back through the botanical gardens towards the city and checked out some of the local cafes. I managed to burn my nose already though, it's not bad but just typical me...

When we got home we helped Johnny make dinner. So I helped him with making a potato salad (which was actually really good!) and Abby was on the barbecue making snaggies (Ozzie slang for sausages). Which Johnny tells me we should get used to, the fam has one 2-3 times a week over summer :D :D

On the 19th Molly spent the day with her relatives and job hunting. Abby and I went into the centre with the intention of looking for jobs... but we gave up pretty quickly and went to the wild life centre. We bought annual passes; they're $100 and let you in to 11 different attractions around the country (including ones in Melbourne and Auckland - both places I'm going to). So it's a pretty good deal considering one entry is about $30. This was really cool; we saw snakes, spiders, lizards, koalas, kangaroos, wallabies and other cool things. The highlight was definitely at the end; I walked around a corner and looked into this greenish pool. I was staring for like 10seconds then realised there was like this 12ft. crocodile in there! It was so cool, an apparently it's been taught to jump out of the water and things :) So I'll go back there soon and to the aquarium!

Then we went home in the evening and Johnny was cooking another BBQ, sweet. We watched a film in the evening while Chrissie (the mum) was getting out her xmas decorations, which was really weird because they had things like a Santa koala on a sledge being pulled by kangaroo's instead of reindeer and snowmen holding signs saying 'let it snow' and it was 24 degrees outside... ha-ha.

Anyways, next day was the start of the job hunt (mainly for the girls). Abby got some weird request while searching for jobs; the highlight was posing for nude art! Then molly decided to come over, but she got on the wrong train cos she went to sleep ate a sandwich or something and got herself in a muddle - classic Moo - so she was only round for about 10 mins before she headed off again ha-ha. But we had a nice dinner with the family and had some really funny convo over some made up words (sounds stupid but had to be there.)

For the last few days we've just been relaxing really as we haven’t really stopped since we left. I'm not sure if I’m still jetlagged or something but I’ve been sleeping for like 10 hours a day and still shattered. I’ve also been for my first jog yesterday did 3.6 miles in 28mins. Not sure if that's good or not but I was knackered as imp from Cambridge and there are NO hills.

Molly and Abby both have had job offers, Molly accepted hers, and she’s working at Bondi junction on a fish market thingy. Abby has had one from a cafe but has another trial shift so is waiting to see I think. Hopefully by the next entry I will have been to the aquarium, anyways his some picture I’ve taken recently. :)
Slideshow Report as Spam

My Review Of The Place I've Seen

Loading Reviews
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: