Day 1

Trip Start Jan 05, 2010
Trip End Feb 19, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United Kingdom  , England,
Tuesday, January 5, 2010

So here I am, completely aggravated waiting at the Northampton Bus Station for Marta to pick me up and give me a ride to Heathrow Airport. Why couldn't I get on the National Express bus I will explain later, although I don’t really know the true answer and probably so does the driver who didn’t let me on board. It’s one big joke but at the moment I’m too pissed off to laugh. The last day has been too adventurous for my liking and the trip has only just started. It was the first day of work after the Christmas break yesterday and despite I worked through an entire Christmas period I could only manage to leave uni at 7:30PM. Then I went directly to Halfords to buy a thermal blanket and a silver tape. When I tried to lock the bike I realized that I had forgotten to take my home keys from the office. I immediately called my workmate who happened to be still working and picked the keys up 20 mins later, lucky…. I came back home to pack my things up and wait for Marta who was going to take me and my things to her place. I was going to ride my other bike to her place to lock it in the garage. I barely got home when I received a phone call from her that she just hit some obstacle on the road and damaged the wheel. She asked me if I could come over and help her with the wheel change. I dressed up, went outside, started the engine but couldn’t open the petrol tank cap as the lock was frozen. I was already on 'reserve’ so couldn’t ride on what I had. I tried WD40 but it didn’t work – not to run on it, just unfreeze. Then I tried to pour some hot water and it worked pretty fast so after 5 minutes I could finally get the cap open. By the time I got to Marta, some guy had already helped her and she could drive back home. I went to her place and locked the bike in the garage. Then we still had to go to and back from Leicester which is roughly 1 hour drive each way. I have packed my things with the results shown in the pic and off we went back to Rushden. It was 2:30 AM when we arrived. I booked a National Express ticket later that night for the 10:15 service from Northampton to Heathrow. Everything was going okay until the next day (which is today) when I wanted to get on the bus and then the bus driver said: "We don’t take spare parts on board". What the f&^# a tyre!? I bet it’s something to do with the terrorists, but I am more inclined towards the bus driver’s aggravating nature and stupidity, because he could think up something which could make more sense and be less suspicious. I couldn’t start any form of communication so I tried to call the emergency number printed out on the ticket. If you’re ever in this situation don’t even bother to call there. It’s busy at all times. I will find out later at the airport why tyres and empty jerry cans cannot be on the bus and 2 litres of engine oil can because it’s hidden in the suitcase. I could probably hide 20kg of TNT in there if I wanted to. Who would have checked. The bottom line is however that I couldn’t get on the bus and without the help of Marta I would be pretty screwed. In the meantime it’s time to relax and chill out. More to come later. PS. The enduro boots are killing me.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


TC on

a suitcase.. for the motorbike trip? i'm confused... wait, it's got a double bottom, hasn't it? you are coming back with loads of ayahuasca, nice!

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: