Hanging in Pula.

Trip Start Jul 28, 2005
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Croatia  ,
Thursday, September 1, 2005

Woke up by 9am to enjoy our free breakfast.. which includes bread, butter and jam. Its a rather skimpy breakfast but its better than nothing! We left for the city to purchase our ferry tickets to Hvar and Dubrovnick.. OH and a train ticket to Riyeka. Our ferry leaves from here.

There is absolutely no cell phone service here. I found it difficult to use the pay phone too.In the afternoon we went to the beach.. more relaxation and reading! This is my latest hobby! :) In the evening Alett and I went to the same restaurant. It was another turkey and potato evening. When you find a good place to eat you must keep going there. Its our one good meal a day. We had a wonderful evening with great conversation! Alett you rock girlfriend!

When returning to our cozy campgrounds Debra, Alett and I put face masks on. We bought the most amazing home-made masks in the city today. Our mask was called love lettuce! This mask is scary looking. We walked around the campgrounds looking like GI Jane. It was hysterical. When we went to the bar to order 3 gelato's the bartender couldn't believe he was seeing such a sight. He had to take a picture of us with his camera. Just imagine 3 crazy girls eating gelato's weaering face masks on a late night in Croatia. It was like having a slumber party in another country! :)

Sept. 2nd
Another beachy kind of day. Spent the morning at the beach then took a taxi to the train station. Alett and I waited for Debra and ended up missing our train. She was 2 minutes late. Unbelievable! We then had to get to the bus station. Buses leave every hr for Riyeka. Alett and I started walking with all our bags... which was painful. I saw a cute guy driving by and I joking I said I wish he would give us a ride. Well his windows were down and he stopped. So kind! Never thoughtI would hitch a ride with a stragner. The guy was really cool.. Alett and I could not stop laughing in the back seat. He probably thinks wer are completely crazy!

After our scenic 2 1/2 hr bus ride we arrived to Riyeka. Off to the ferry we go! We will be cruising for 12 hrs to Hvar. I am excited to arrive... I hear this place is beautiful.

Alett and I had such a wonderful time on the ferry. We entertained each other. We listened to Danish music all night. Around 3am I started freezing. We were sleeping on the floor under a table. jejejej Literally! IT was hilarious. We only purchased deck seats so we did not have the luxury of a room. I was trying to find my jacket and Debra walks in with her floatie. She was outside freezing on the deck. So we decided to sleep next to each other on this floatie... what a sight to see! We had to snuggle. We really bonded! jejeje Our blankets were towels.. you get creative after a while. A little body heat really made a difference!
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: