On our way to Bangkok!

Trip Start Feb 20, 2006
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Thailand  ,
Monday, May 22, 2006

Our plane was really big and there must have been 20 staff on board. The flight attendants were all wearing beautiful dresses made out of silk taffeta that changed colors in the light. We found our seats and got our books out thinking we would read until we noticed the TV screens in front of us. After the plane took off, it wasn't long before we found the remote control and figured out we could watch movies, TV shows like "Every body Loves Raymond", "Friends" or even play Nintendo games! While Tim was enjoying his backgammon game, I decided on the movie "match point". Then, shortly after, they came around with breakfast and drinks.

During the flight, we spoke to a NZ couple who had already been to Thailand. By the end of our flight, we knew where to sleep, how to get a cheaper taxi from the airport and the cost. At one point, we were over the clouds and they invited us over to look out the window to see the lightning as it hit underneath us. It was pretty cool to watch. Other then that, we had a pretty smooth flight to Bangkok. I managed to sleep for about 30 minutes and when I awoke, Tim was still playing backgammon. It was 10 pm, when the flight attendants came around with more food but being on NZ/Fiji time it was more like 3am. We didn't really feel hungry as this was our third food serving, not too mention the time, but who could say no to chocolate chip cookies for desert. We landed at 11:00 pm and had no problems going through customs. They stamped our passports and we were on our way. We never even had our bags scanned.

When we got outside, we were greeted by Bangkok's humidity. It was worst then Australia. We quickly found a taxi driver; showed him the hotel's business card, agreed on the price and off we went. By this time, it was midnight (5am NZ/Fiji time) and let me tell you it was nice getting into an air conditioned car with leather seats. Even though we were stuffed from the airplane food and jetlagged, our eyes were wide open looking from side to side as we past markets and food stalls. Business was carrying on as if it were daytime! 25 minutes later, we arrived at our hotel, had a nice warm bath and fell asleep as soon as our heads touched the pillows, excited to know that tomorrow, a whole new world awaited us.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: