New York MM2013: Day 3

Trip Start Mar 07, 2013
Trip End Mar 25, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Columbia University

Flag of United States  , New York
Sunday, March 10, 2013

...and it happened again! After a long night, I woke up at around 2:30 in the afternoon. It didn't help that the time was set forward one hour so that basically made me lose another 3/4 of a day. Steph and I had a late lunch at Artropolis Espresso. It was a cute little spot nearby that had a case with different desserts as well (pictured below). I had the turkey, tomato, and swiss on ciabatta bread and added avocado. I figured it'd be a healthy alternative compared to the food I've been eating on this trip. I was too stuffed for dessert and I didn't want to fall into a food coma so I decided I'd save it for another visit. By the time we finished it was close to 5pm and we definitely had to get movin!

I recently started my RN to BSN program. Fortunately for this travel bug, it's completely online. Nevertheless, I had to set aside time to complete my assignments. Steph had midterms to study for so it worked out perfectly! We grabbed some iced coffee then headed to the library. I got most of my work done before it was time to meet up with more friends.

I finally got to meet one of my long-time online friends in person for the first time. She happens to be dating a friend of Steph's (we actually had no idea of this small-world-type connection until today!) so meeting up was even more exciting! I was reminded how incredible social media is for making new friends in different places! Now I have another "real" (as opposed to online) friend out on the east coast. 

We headed to Carmine's for some family style (and by family I mean one order of pasta can feed us for a week! ...ok maybe a couple days) Italian food. We started with an assortment of bread, then had an order of angel hair penne alla vodka (YUM!). Just as we were starting to fill up, they brought out the Porterhouse Contadina. Yeah. A shit-ton of MEAT! And yes, it was delicious!

After sharing tons of laughs and trying to figure out exactly how long my "new" friend and I have known each other, it was time to part ways. Steph and I headed back to the library so that I could race the clock to turn in the last part of my homework. The library closed at 1am, but we were wide awake! We found another study room in her building to study in before heading back to her room to fall asleep to episodes of Full House on DVD. It was a short day, but it was very enjoyable. After all, I'm on vacation! Relaxation is my first priority!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: