Trip Start Oct 14, 2008
136Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
* Said good bye to Douglas who was pressing on South.
* Chatted to the crazy swiss man parked next to us, who was training for a 'iron man' triathlon (3km swim, 160km cycle, 26 mile run) and may or may not have been called Markus.
* We mad good use of the tent site by constructing the most complex washing line out of 2 benches, a bike and a lot of orange $2 string, that I'm carrying for just such opportunities. (this made me a bit happier about having paid the $19).
* We walked round the spectacular headland (South Island needs a new scale of spectacular than most places)
* We then visited a fudge shop (Yum!), only slightly spoiled by the annoying and pretentious fudge sales man.
* After doing other practical things (e.g. shopping, photo uploading, dinner etc) we did a spot of sitting on the beach and got a early night.