Why I Stayed
Trip Start Mar 11, 2011
217Trip End Ongoing
- Reminding me to feel and express gratitude to the people in my life, for the experiences, opportunities and everything I have. Thanks to my heart for beating, the sun for shining, my husband for smiling ;)
- Reminding me to forgive myself and others. To let go of regret, pain and longing for the past. My energy is misdirected to things and people who are done and dusted, making less energy available for NOW.
- Reminding me that planning for and worrying about the future has the same effect. Things always tends to work out one way or the other if you just believe that they will. Effectively the present is all I can influence. That's all I really have and all I can really be sure of.
- Reminding me to focus on the beauty within me and around me
- Reminding me to give without expecting, to one and all without discrimination. I am fortunate to have what I have, to live the life I live.
- Learning vegetarian cooking... experimenting, discovering new veggies and learning from others.
- Learning great techniques to ensure my well-being - yoga moves to increase my flexibility, stamina and firmness while improving my posture, breathing exercises to ensure I use the full capacity of my lungs - great for lessening asthma and increasing my energy levels, and meditation techniques that help me to clear my mind, to calm my body and to access my subconscious.