One Year On...
Trip Start Mar 11, 2011
217Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
There is so much for us to be grateful for...
- Opportunity. Choice. Freedom. Health. Happiness.
- Having each other - bestest of best friends, constant companions, partners in crime.
- Loving families and friends who are understanding of our absence and supportive of our travels with their regular emails, comments and by reading the blog.
- Making many wonderful friends from all over the world, reunited with "love you longtimers" and welcomed by locals and fellow travellers alike.
- Tasting lots of delicious and varied foods.
- Learning the beautiful and amusing Spanish language.
Our highlights include...
* Experiencing the craziness of London in Asia, HK
* Exploring the whole of NZ in Mr T
* Sharing an awesome wedding weekend with the Suberts' in KeriKeri, NZ
* Ice-climbing a glacier in Mount Cook, NZ
* Kayaking amongst the icebergs in Mount Cook village up to the foot of the glacier, NZ
* Hiking the ever-changing terrain at the Tongariro Crossing (aka Mordor), NZ
* Driving through the French Pass, South Island, NZ
* Road tripping through the US
* Hiking the Narrows at awe-inspiring Zion National Park, Utah, US
* Discovering and returning to magical Lake Atitlan, GT
* Exploring an underground river and underground waterfalls in Semuc Champey, GT
* Visiting Tikal amongst the howling monkeys, toucans and holding a tarantula, GT
* Road trippin through Baja California, MX
* Swimming with turtles and stingrays just off the beach in Akumal, MX
* Chillaxing for a month, making friends and learning to surf in Sayulita, MX
* Getting to know the character and characters (!) of spectacular colonial towns like Zacatecas and Guanajuato, MX
* Catching our breath on the beautiful Isla Holbox, MX
* Sailing along the Belizean reef, including staying on an uninhabited island, BZ
Who knows what year 2 has in store? Lets see where the Road Lees Travelled takes us.