Best of NZ
Trip Start Mar 11, 2011
217Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Our Favourite Favourites:
- Beach - Gorgeous Mai Tai Bay at the end of the Karekare peninsula
- Lake - Eerie Lake Kaniere, just inland from Hokitika
- Activity - Challenging but rewarding ice-climbing @ Fox Glacier
- Track - Walking through LOTR terrain on the Tongariro Alpine Crossing
- View - Mighty Mount Cook at sunset is unreal in a Truman show kinda way, especially the glowing snowy peaks at full moon
- Sunrise - pink and blue skies in Wellington as viewed by Dee & the homeless guy!
- Road - French Pass Rd overlooking the jagged Marlborough Sounds and bays
- Kiwi artist - Iva Ludlum
- Kiwi tv show - Flight of the Conchords
- Meal out - Blowing our tops at Little India, Christchurch
- Kiwi pie - Tui pie - made with the beer, not the bird!
- Fish & chips - got lost, found the best fish & chips in an unknown Auckland suburb and it was a proper PARCEL!
- Chocolate (biccie) - Dark chocolate/rum & raisin Tim Tam's *oh yeah!*
- Crisps - ETA's Spare Ribs *crunch-crunch*
- Ice-cream - Kapiti white chocolate & raspberry ice cream - sweet and tarty - *oooh-er*
- Quick meal - Pam's sweet thai chilli (with 2 whole chillis) tuna straight from the tin!
- Biccie - Anzacs, kinda like an oatie-coconutie-crunchie
- Hot sauce - Kaitaia fire (hey, that rhymes!)
1. Mother Nature is awesome! It's so in your face here. I've seen more rainbows, shooting stars, birds, etc in 3 months than the rest of my life put together. Plus full moons, lakes, bays, rivers, rain, snow, hail, galeforce winds that rocked us to sleep. I could go on... but I won't ;)
2.I enjoy being out of my comfort zone and I am way too comfy in NZ. Can't wait for the culture shock and language barrier in C and S America.
3. You don't have to have a shower everyday! It's such a western concept. Hehe! Just kidding, I had to convince myself of this while living the campervan lifestyle. Did u know that the work contracts here state: "please shower everyday"?
ok the real number...
3. Life is too short to work! It seems natural disasters are happening everywhere. We even experienced our first earthquake albeit only 2.8 on the Richter scale. Many of the cool places in the world might not exist very soon, best I get there asap and before the world ends! There's nothing I'd rather be doing right now than what I'm doing. Feels great saying that.