Panic Attack!

Trip Start Jul 28, 2010
Trip End Aug 09, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Texas
Saturday, July 31, 2010

During the trip I had made a conscious effort to watch my check-in bag and make sure it was loaded on the bus. This bag has all of my cloths, jewelry, and hygiene products. Knowing I was getting off early I wanted to get my check-in bag see that it got on the right bus because I was transfering buses. As soon as I got off I looked for my bag as they started unloading. As the worker unloaded each bag I waited hoping the next one was mine. Finally he was done and mine was nowhere in site! I checked on the other side of the bus because the worker over there was unloading from the other side. It was not there either. I quickly start to panic. Where could it be? Had they forgotten to load it at the Amarillo station? That was the last time I saw it. I call the station but they said they don't have it. I ask the baggage workers and they check the luggage claim area. Maybe they had moved it before I caught them. No luck. One of the workers tries to comfort me by saying they probably loaded it on the bus to San Antonio already. A bus heading there had just left right after I arrived. That calms me down, but the fear that it may not be on it's way to San Antonio is still there. I just pray under my breath as I head to the line for my next bus.

Before I left Fort Worth the couple warned me about the Dallas Greyhound station. They said it's very roudy and I have to hold my ground. Well they were right. The place was packed with people and their luggage. I had a crazy time weaving in and out of the crowd to my line.

While in line I call Ron (my friend in Texas) to fill him in on the luggage situation. He said it was okay to still pick me up in Austin, drive over to San Antonio, and hopefully pick up my luggage. He was going to drive two hours to Austin, one and a half hours to San Antonio, and 3 hours back home to College Station. I wouldn't arrive in Austin till a little after 9pm. I felt really bad for the long drive but Ron assured me it was okay. I boarded the bus hoping the trip to San Antonio would not be in vain...

Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: