Leaving London - Homeward bound for Victoria

Trip Start May 12, 2012
Trip End Jun 06, 2012

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
What I did
Heathrow Airport, London, England

Flag of Canada  , British Columbia,
Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Arrangements had been made for an airport taxi to pick up Karen and Roy first at their London flat, and then come by for us.  We also had to wait for the rental agency person to come and inspect the flat for damage and to pick up the keys.  The taxi arrived at the some time as the agency lady so it was quite a rushed "inspection".  Soon we were on our way in a nice big van to the airport. 

We were dropped off at Heathrow's terminal 5 and checked our luggage, got our boarding passes.  We couldn't all get seats together, and Roy and Karen even had to sit apart from one another as well.  We found out where to cash in our Oyster Cards that we had purchased in London - they had really saved us money on the London buses. Then we had to wait until the gate was announced for our flight.  As soon as we knew the gate number we caught the high speed underground shuttle that took us to the part of the airport where we were to catch our British Airways plane to Vancouver. 

Our flight to was scheduled to leave at 12:45, but it was a little late leaving.  We made up the time flying over the polar route to Vancouver,  arriving about 14:15 as planned.  Somehow the flight seemed much longer than 1.5 hours!

Cloudy and cool weather greated us in Vancouver, but at least it wasn't raining.  We didn't have any trouble with immigration and customs, but it did take a while for our luggage to arrive at the carousel.  We set off in the direction of the Air Canada gate for our flight back to Victoria.  It was probably a good thing that the Victoria flight was about twenty minutes late because we didn't have much time to get through the check-in procedure and onto that plane before we were back in the air again. 

After a fifteen minute flight we touched down in Victoria and there were Colin and Russ at the airport to meet us.  Russ drove us home where we quickly baked a frozen pizza for dinner, trying to get back on local time.  We were feeling very tired due to jet lag and went to bed early, but at 2:30am the next morning we were awake - a nice sleep in if we were still 8 hours ahead in England!  At 4 am I went to Thrifty's for some milk and bread etc.  It's a good thing that it is open 24 hours now. 

We had such a wonderful trip, and we'll have many memories to cherish for years. We definitely want to travel to England again!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: