And so it begins...

Trip Start Apr 16, 2009
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , New York
Thursday, April 16, 2009

I was in Heathrow airport for about 4 hours waiting for my flight... excited, nervous but completely overwhelmed with what was to come. Would I like the backpacking experience? Will I make it home safely afterwards? Time would tell and for now I just didn't care... NEW YORK was my first stop and who doesn't want to go there?!?!?!

I had possibly the most comfortable flight. It was with Kuwait airlines and I'd never flown with them before so was curious as to how they would operate.
I was polishing off a few beers in the bar at the airport (god damn expensive!!!) to basically get rid of my English coins. Looked up and saw it said my flight was closing... SHIT... I can't miss the first flight I thought to myself and legged it to my gate.
Arriving at my gate just in time, I did a final and probably the 100th security check where this time they did take my lighter off me (BASTARDS!!). Proceeded to board my plane and wasn't that impressed with my seat. It wasn't uncomfortable but not as comfortable as I had hoped. A 7 hour flight in this bad boy was definitely going to be taxing!

All passengers had boarded and the plane was getting ready to taxi away from the terminal... guess what... NO-ONE WAS SITTING BESIDE ME... Oh YES!! 3 seats all to myself!!!
A few people gave me some jealous looks and I returned with a cheeky British smile as in to say... MY SEATS NOW MOTHA FLUFFERS AND IM USING THEM ALL!

The plane took off and it had cameras on it that were from the cockpit. You could see in front of you and I'd never seen that before. Pretty cool but in the air, not much cop!
They started serving food pretty soon after and being Kuwait airlines, they served some arab shit, the food was definitely left to be desired. By this time I had my legs stretched out on all 3 seats and about 5 pillows behind me. They could have served shit on a plate (it pretty much was tho) and I wouldn't have cared. I had 3 seats to myself on a 7 hour flight... SLEEPY TIME!!!

They woke me up and gave me dinner. Lamb korma my choice which came with a chocolate moose afters. Not quite what I expected but ok.
After gagging on my korma and licking the moose pot clean, I got my head down again. Too excited now because I'm only 2 hours away. I stayed awake while still being nicely stretched out and wondered what New York was really like.

After getting over the Atlantic Ocean, there were things to look at. Massive snow filled land mass then down a bit over Boston to what looked like a nice city.

New York was shortly after and my god what a sight!
I only wish I had a camera with me to take some of the stunning views. Sky scraper city and the sun shining brightly made it look serene!

Made it through customs piece of piss with my American passport and made my way outside for a ciggy which by this time, I was definately craving big time!

I sat in a bus shelter and chatted to a guy from San Francisco, he was just as lost as me but we made it to a taxi rank and I was off to NEW YORK CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Slideshow Report as Spam
Where I stayed
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: