The Longest Day, the Shortest Entry!

Trip Start Jun 30, 2008
Trip End Jul 07, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
La Casa de Tito

Flag of Mexico  , Central Mexico and Gulf Coast,
Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I had some wicked crazy dreams last night, and I found myself wide awake more than fast asleep most of the night. Nobody told me Mexico City was 7500 ft above sea level. If they had I would have prepared myself a little more with some Benadryl or some Tylenol PM. So, as we set out to see a little bit of the city, I found myself in a state of exhaustion that I have become quite familiar with over the past year of medical school. However familiar the feeling has become though, I still can't seem to get used to it. Our first stop after a nice little metro ride was the city center, where we stood in the center of Mexico's plaza de la constitution to take in the panoramic view of historic Mexico City. After viewing the inside of the cathedral, we ran some errands, and then ended up hoping on a turibus that took us for a ride through the city and via earphones, told us a little bit about some of the buildings and monuments we passed. Some of the more unique things that we saw included, a group of protesting nudists dancing in the street in the buff, a squirrel eating mango from a bag of fruit that was sitting by a man without him knowing, and then not budging much at all when shooed until the man gave him some fruit, and finally a late 90's Ford Mustang convertible with 7 Mexicans piled in. It was classic yet disturbing at the same time.

               The entire day I felt run down. I found myself falling asleep on the turibus while we sat inside, as opposed to on top, to avoid some of the afternoon rain. We tried to go to some of the museum's, but unbeknownst to us they were closed on Monday, so we ended up chasing down a small cigar shop, Cava del Puro's, that turned out to be a little disappointing, and then slowly made our way back home via the metro. As soon as we arrived back at the house I took my warn-out, nauseated body up to the bedroom and immediately laid down for a nap. When I woke up it was past midnight, so I decided to continue sleeping and thus I bring us too day three.

Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: