Trip Start Sep 02, 2007
Trip End May 13, 2009

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Philippines  , Visayas,
Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Well, I made the stupidly early boat and spent the whole journey wondering where I was going to go on Bohol. My visa expires in a week and I want to get it extended, I needed some serious planing.

In the end I decided to stay at Loboc and not go to the touristy beaches - although there is realy good diving in Panglao island I decided to bypass it to dive elsewhere. So at lunchtime I arived in Tacbiloran and got straight into a bike and whisked off to the bus station. Here I met Lucas from Argentina - a real nice guy - the 1st tourist I have seen in a while. We got the jeepney together to Loboc and then hung out there for a couple of days.

He told me I could get my visa extended in Tagbiloran - only 30km back and then I wil be free to do what I like in the Philippines! It was pooring with rain and the jeepney stopped before the point where we needed to get out so we had to walk 2km in the rain and then down a big long dirt track that seemed to last for ever before we got to Nuts Huts - a really cool retreat in the jungle - it was really nice.

Lucas and I played loads of cards, table tenis and monopoly with 2 Dutch guys and basically killed time because of the atrocias weather. I also met a really cool couple Salar and Sara from Denmark. On my 1st full day there I had the crazyest of busy days.

I got up at 8 for a nce breakfast, hired a bike and drove to Tagbilaran to extend my visa and pick up some medication for Lucas. The visa only took 30 mins but I was warned not to go there again dressed as I was! OOpS! I wasnt going to dress up for my long bike ride in the crazy heat though! So It was lunch time before this was all done and then I drove to see the Tarsiers, the little monkey like thing on the pics. That was nice and I took some crazy roads to get there. Then the rain came. I had to stop and shelter about 5 times before I made it back to Loboc. It was fine though but I was desperate to see the chocolate hills so in the end I just had to drive through the driving rain. After 2 hours of this I made it to the Chocolate hills. they were really pretty and the sun came out for me to take some nice pics - very conciderate of it! So I looked at the hills for an hour or so then drove back to arive at 5.30pm and then get my massage (which was very good) at 6pm! Crazy day!

And now, Lucas, Sara, Salar and I are off to Leite to do some diving! 1st up the bus to Ubay.
Slideshow Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html:

Table of Contents